Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 01:53 PM

Annoying noises

What are some annoying noises you have to live with?

I have a wood pecker that starts as soon as the light is on in the swamp. I live at the edge of a forest area and a park behind that, so we get a lot of bird noises here.

But the worst one is that damn wood pecker. He pecks on that tree first thing in the morning looking for his breakfast and he goes on for an hour or two.....it is so very annoying. If I had a gun, I MIGHT be tempted to shoot the little red head...

Another thing is the leaf blowers, I won't go into that. If you have leaf blowers there, you know what I am talking about. So loud, so annoying......
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 02:31 PM

Re: Annoying noises

My Husband every night when he is snoring.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 02:32 PM

I detest barking dogs or other people's music.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 02:34 PM

My bungalow backs into the playing fields of the local school.
The schools gym is sort of next door to our 9 little bungalows.

They run exercise classes in the evenings in the gym with loud bass beat music with some woman using a headset to call out the exercises. The problem is they leave doors and windows open to keep the exercise class cool.
The noise is so annoying with this pounding beat in the background.

This post has been made as part of my grumpy old man training course. Mumble mumble moan.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 02:38 PM

One of my neighbours (I haven't been able to discover which one) is in the habit of playing loud music at odd times during the day.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 02:42 PM

I hate the sound of the continuous whirring of hedge/tree cutters and wood chipping machines!
The noise seems to go on for ages!!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 02:52 PM

The sound of the heart, IV pump, and other medical monitors when the patient attached to them is someone you love.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
The sound of the heart, IV pump, and other medical monitors when the patient attached to them is someone you love.
My husband was attached to them after his brain haemorrhage, I was tempted to turn them off, not wishing him to survive as half his brain was trashed.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 03:06 PM

Apart from cats purring, bird song and music I like, I find any noise annoying.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2018, 03:17 PM

Other people eating and drinking, mother is case in point

She sort of sucks her food in, I have to listen to her every meal time and it takes a concerted effort not to scream

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top