Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 04:37 AM

Re: Isn't the weekend just wonderful?

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
You poor, poor man. You have been missing out. What else does one do with overripe bananas than make banana bread? Yum!
Can't disagree with that, banana bread is very nice though I prefer carrot cake (those are the only two 'cakes' I make).

You can always mash overripe bananas up, freeze them on a stick and feed them to your grandkids.

French toast is good too but you need old bread to soak up the egg.

I sometimes tear a piece out of the middle of a slice of newer bread, stick it in a buttered non stick pan.

Fry the bread for a few moments then break an egg into the hole in the bread.
Fry for a few minutes until the bottom of the egg is how you like it.
Put a piece of sliced cheese (any type but must be proper cheese not processed gunk) on top.
Turn it over then fry until the cheese is nice and crisp on the surface (keep it moving).

When done right the yolk is soft the white all cooked and the cheese is yum!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 08:30 AM

I do as little cooking as I can get away with these days. I have never enjoyed the activity, but when there was eight of us at home I seemed to spend a lot of the time doing that activity. I am quite a good cook, so I have been told.

Our grandson (16) is coming on Wednesday and my husband is going to take him out for lunch for two of the days he is here so I don't have to cook a main meal, which suits me fine. A sandwich will suffice for me whilst they are out.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
About 15 years Pesta unless I work out a way to make trillions in the meantime with some innovative invention!

Oh dear Annie. 15 yrs. It'll soon whizz past - honest

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top