Join for free
Page 298 of 1010 « First < 198 248 288 296 297 298 299 300 308 348 398 798 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 04:12 PM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

Uncle Joe, you are right. I got up at 5.30am this morning, opened the curtains and saw 3 inches thick snow and it's still falling down now.

This afternoon we had Thick Cumberland Sausages, Mash, Beans and fried onion gravy, mmmmmm.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 05:16 PM

There's a little pie shop down the bottom of the hill and down a side street from me. Whilst in town earlier today I called in and purchased one of their Cornish pasties. Even with my appetite - it was enormous and I only just managed to eat it all (it would be a great tragedy to waste good food).
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There's a little pie shop down the bottom of the hill and down a side street from me. Whilst in town earlier today I called in and purchased one of their Cornish pasties. Even with my appetite - it was enormous and I only just managed to eat it all (it would be a great tragedy to waste good food).
One of my best friends is from Cornwall and she introduced me to real Cornish pasties years ago. Wonderful! Can't have the wheat now though (trying to stay gluten free).

We had Chinese take-out last night so lots of good veggies, rice, chow mein for me.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2013, 07:06 PM

The slow cooker has driven us made all day with the lovely aroma of a lamb curry, lots of onions and mushrooms. My son showed me how to cook rice in the microwave and it really is quick, easy and no pots to wash as it cooks in the serving dish. Couple of wraps to brown in the frying pan as paratha a we are away. Lat night it was chilli these dishes are just right for our really cold weather
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
The slow cooker has driven us made all day with the lovely aroma of a lamb curry, lots of onions and mushrooms. My son showed me how to cook rice in the microwave and it really is quick, easy and no pots to wash as it cooks in the serving dish. Couple of wraps to brown in the frying pan as paratha a we are away. Lat night it was chilli these dishes are just right for our really cold weather
Cate darlin' - since you appear to like lamb, try an alternative recipe for cooking it.

Alternative leg of Lamb:

Once defrosted, place lamb on a large dish or tray. Make Marinade: Add: 1/2Pt fresh orange juice, 3 Tblsp Apricot Jam, 3 Tblsp runny Honey, 2 Tsp dried Rosemary, 5-6 garlic cloves (crushed and chopped). Allow Lamb to soak in marinade for a few hours, basting in the marinade to prevent it drying out.

When ready to cook, remove lamb from marinade and DRY roast for approx 35 - 45 mins. Remove from oven and strain off excess fat. Pour marinade over lamb and return to oven until fully cooked - baste with marinade at frequent intervals throughout cooking.

When cooked, pour marinade into a saucepan, add Bisto powder and (lamb) oxo cube and heat gently on hob until it warms and thickens. Bon Appetite!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 09:31 AM

Roast chicken stuffed with leeks and bacon for meat eater with veggies, (off to morrisons to see what they have this morning) and a nutty burger recipe using cashews and onions and cinnamon for me with the veggies. Think my niece and her daughter are popping round so will make extra burgers for them too.
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 09:46 AM

7pm here and we've just eaten corned silverside with carrot, potato, cauliflower and cheese sauce, yummy!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 05:22 PM

A slight alternative to UJ's Alternative Leg of Lamb. Ask butcher to bone out the joint, make a stuffing using sweated chopped onions, breadcrumbs, herbs and finely grated orange zest, stuff joint, tie and weigh then roast uncovered for approximately 20 mins per lb + 20mins, basting every 15 mins with orange juice. When cooked, slightly thicken the roasting juices with arrowroot which will give a lovely glossy translucent sauce, serve with either new (boiled in skin)or roast potato's, sliced runner beans, julienne carrots and cauliflower.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 05:24 PM

We were going to have chicken casserole tonight, and I had asked my son to take a pack of boned/skinned chicken thighs from freezer before he went to sleep. He forgot, so as they are taking forever to defrost it will be chicken tika made with a Lidl cook in sauce, have used it before and it is actually very good.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 07:50 PM

Thank you for the lamb suggestions will be having a go during Easter week-end. I also use the cook in sauces and find that they are very good. Two discoveries we have made and that is fish and chips is no longer the tasty treat it used to be. Too oily, too much soggy batter. Over or underdone chips very dissappointing the last couple of times so we are using Homefries and Fish in Breadcrumbs freshly frozen and cooked in the oven.

The second disappointment was my Indian take away which was sooooo sweet it was just horrid. A good tikka sauce with a nice piece of chicken or lamb is much nicer. I am even getting so good at pizza might stop ordering them too.

Page 298 of 1010 « First < 198 248 288 296 297 298 299 300 308 348 398 798 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top