Join for free
Page 10 of 16 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 05:37 AM

Re: Home Gardens

Originally Posted by summer ->
I had to go out and check Muddy, its glass and metal and I leave it outside. I bought it here and it was marketed as an outdoor mirror

https://www.yell.com/biz/stephen-h-s...otley-1027698/
Thank you Summer what a super shop , a bit too far for me to go though !
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I love that bridge. I have always fancied having a stream passing the front of the house with a bridge over it.

Love the cats too.
Aww yes the cats.... they send their regards

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions what I could put on the stream bank in front of the little wall by the bridge? Problem is after heavy rain the water often covers it...I'll be in my wellies later tidying it up ...I'm thinking just grass with some miniature spring bulbs planted in it....might work?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Aww yes the cats.... they send their regards

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions what I could put on the stream bank in front of the little wall by the bridge? Problem is after heavy rain the water often covers it...I'll be in my wellies later tidying it up ...I'm thinking just grass with some miniature spring bulbs planted in it....might work?
If it was me, I would probably plant bog plants and pond plants. Maybe Marsh Marigolds or Irises. i appreciate they would be on a slope so a bit of experimentation would be needed.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 09:33 AM

You all have lovely gardens , thank you for sharing .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If it was me, I would probably plant bog plants and pond plants. Maybe Marsh Marigolds or Irises. i appreciate they would be on a slope so a bit of experimentation would be needed.
Thankyou for the suggestions LD

Actually hubby has come up with some ideas too which involve some construction...he might regret offering to do it but I will put up pics when it's completed
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 06:59 AM

My garden has been devastated by the heavy rainfalls we have had down here in Wetshire .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

31-05-2018, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My garden has been devastated by the heavy rainfalls we have had down here in Wetshire .
Lol at Wetshire I have actually had to water the garden here in Yorkshire Muddy....the weather has stood on it's head
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 10:17 AM

I cant believe, at the rate my garden is growing, must be all this rain,what's it going to be like in September,

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180531_091133.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	6081   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180531_091051.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	6082   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180531_091049.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	6083  
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 09:06 PM

What a lovely thread! Really enjoyed peeping at all the lovely gardens..... gorgeous, puts me to shame! Mine does seems to be lacking somewhat

If I can get my act together sometime, I'll try and post mine.

Without going back and checking on who's garden is whose (is that English?) - I LOVE the little pathways and nooks and cranny areas.
I'd love to do that, but I can't. I'd be feared to death of going down them for fear of walking into spiders webs

This is for Nichol.... when I was looking at one of your piccies, I was drawn to your tramp sat gazing into the distance with his butty on the seat. It's Mr Mortimer!!

(Bear with me) We inherited one many moons ago in a house we moved into. We called him Mr Mortimer My daughter as a child would paint him ever year and position him with her teddies and dolls for a Tparty. I've still got him, now totally scruffy and weather beaten though.

First time I've seen another one. Made me smile

(hope you don't mind, I've pinched the piccie to show him):

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image (1).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	6088  
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I cant believe, at the rate my garden is growing, must be all this rain,what's it going to be like in September,
Pauline call if you need a search party to come and find you

Page 10 of 16 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top