Join for free
Page 13 of 16 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 03:20 PM

Re: Home Gardens

Originally Posted by Mags ->
A lovely pond LD, it can be so relaxing listening to running water.

We've had quite a few bees in the garden today, darting in and out all the flowers.
Thanks Mags. I just love being by water on a sunny day. I can literally sit and stare for hours. i even changed the water fall slightly today by adding some slate so that the sound was a bit louder.

Yes, quite a few bees today and mating dragonflies. I was watching one laying eggs in the water too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Mags. I just love being by water on a sunny day. I can literally sit and stare for hours. i even changed the water fall slightly today by adding some slate so that the sound was a bit louder.

Yes, quite a few bees today and mating dragonflies. I was watching one laying eggs in the water too.
My next door neighbour used to have a lovely pond with trickling water and it was so nice sat in my garden in the summer listening to that water.

Unfortunately they moved two years ago and the new neighbours got rid of the pond
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 03:46 PM

Absolutely lovely in the garden today. Just spent three hours out there, reading, drinking coffee, watching dragonflies, butterflies and bees and listening to the sound of running water. Sooooo relaxing.

View of the pond today

Lovely picture dongles, your pond is maturing well since we last saw it, looks good m'dear.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Lovely picture dongles, your pond is maturing well since we last saw it, looks good m'dear.
Thanks Mups. The plants in the top right corner of the pond are from the seeds I collected last year. They are behind the mother plant for some reason (bottom right) but are about to flower.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-06-2018, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My next door neighbour used to have a lovely pond with trickling water and it was so nice sat in my garden in the summer listening to that water.

Unfortunately they moved two years ago and the new neighbours got rid of the pond
That's a shame. have you thought of adding a water feature?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 04:42 PM

That's a shame. have you thought of adding a water feature?
That's something worth thinking about
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 05:35 PM

All lovely original gardens.

My garden is 55yeqrs olds, more like a Cottage Garden
and many plants have seeded themselves
The front part is on the Main Road behind a brick wall and many men lean on the wall to view the flowers.

I once found a pair of men's underpants in the shrubs!!

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 05:42 PM

Absolutely lovely in the garden today. Just spent three hours out there, reading, drinking coffee, watching dragonflies, butterflies and bees and listening to the sound of running water. Sooooo relaxing.

View of the pond today

Ooh, that looks nice Dingalong! Puts mine to shame. I love listening to running water. Being by water in general always makes me happy.

Mine hasn't got bells and whistles or even running water - I call it a 'wild life' pond.
No fish, but it's full of stuff, tadpoles, newts, skaters, slugs, snails and puppy dogs tails. They must love the dirty green effect

Funny you should say about dragonflies, I rarely see them around here. It's more damselflies.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 05:46 PM

I can not take much credit for this Ceanothus as the only part of the garden I look after is the lawn
The bees love this plant though

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 05:47 PM

Took some piccies today (no sun):

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	g.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	6103   Click image for larger version

Name:	g1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	6104   Click image for larger version

Name:	g3.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	6105   Click image for larger version

Name:	g4.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	6106  

Page 13 of 16 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top