Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 09:36 PM

Re: When You Stay In A Hotel, What Do You Keep?

Some people who stay half board in hotels, nick bread rolls and fruit at breakfast, to have for their lunch!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 09:38 PM

Some folks nick anything that ain't screwed down, then moan about cyclists on the footpath.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 09:53 PM

They never take the Bible.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 10:04 PM

For the first time in a long time I took some toiletries from the hotel on my recent trip abroad. But they were l'occitane which was pretty impressive. I'd never dream of taking towels or anything like that. Plus these days I like to take cabin luggage only for the convenience so there's no room for extras.

I too am flummoxed by the shower caps. I always think they are for ladies who set their hair in curlers overnight and don't want to lose its shape with the steam. ie. not my generation. I always have to wash my hair in the morning. Plus it must look really funny being naked but with a shower cap. Imagine if room service were to turn up! I wonder if any of the lads here use them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
They never take the Bible.
It's been a while since I saw a Bible in a hotel. They used to have the Gideon Bibles or the Book of Mormon. Most B&Bs don't tend to have them these days. I don't recall Premier Inn having any. Travelodge didn't have them. In the 90s they were always there. I'd forgotten tbh.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 10:11 PM

I used a hotels shower cap just once

Daughters wedding, I had my hair done at 8am then had to drive 120 miles to the venue with the flowers so needed to shower and change on arrival

Oh and the following morning as the blow dry was still holding great
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 10:14 PM

I read an article the other day about Beauty Banks...

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/columnis...ox-dark-world/

Such a great idea.
So now I know exactly what to do with all those little bottles
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I take the toiletries if they are nice I put them in my spare room for guests .
Usually in good hotels you can buy the towelling dressing gowns if you want .
If you steal them you are likely to get charged on your card
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's been a while since I saw a Bible in a hotel. They used to have the Gideon Bibles or the Book of Mormon. Most B&Bs don't tend to have them these days. I don't recall Premier Inn having any. Travelodge didn't have them. In the 90s they were always there. I'd forgotten tbh.
They are in the drawer in Travelodge.
I'm pretty sure I saw one in premier Inn.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
For the first time in a long time I took some toiletries from the hotel on my recent trip abroad. But they were l'occitane which was pretty impressive. I'd never dream of taking towels or anything like that. Plus these days I like to take cabin luggage only for the convenience so there's no room for extras.

I too am flummoxed by the shower caps. I always think they are for ladies who set their hair in curlers overnight and don't want to lose its shape with the steam. ie. not my generation. I always have to wash my hair in the morning. Plus it must look really funny being naked but with a shower cap. Imagine if room service were to turn up! I wonder if any of the lads here use them.
Annie, I don’t wash my long hair every day as being a qualified hairdresser, l don’t believe in washing the daylights out of my hair!
I would put the shower cap on in the bath to keep my hair dry and steam free but not like Ena Sharples to keep rollers intact!

At home, I use the plastic shower cap to help the tint l put on my hair to process quicker!!

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top