Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 11:43 AM

Re: The EU and Russia.

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You can have last say on this one. You posted similar yesterday to which I replied and it was removed and as I don't feel like typing it all out again .... your words of usual ineffing ..sorry, ineffable wisdom can wind this one up.
But you did, and quite seriously, suggest evacuating the whole of Syria. Backpedal all you want if it salves your ego.

Psst .. I never vote. I could never figure out how to get a crucifix in the box or why playing noughts and crosses should even be necessary on a ballot paper.
LOLOL

The proposal was within the context (look that up if you don't understand it) of discussing ideas about what to do about Syria.

The suggestions I put forward were so outrageously impossible that I would have thought even YOU would not have taken them seriously.

But once again you have shown us that you can't tell truth from fiction. Democracies and citizenship demands some modicum of intelligence.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Good posts from all three of you SF, JB & GF.

I am of the same opinion as yourselves.
I believe the “chattering class” lefties have finally lost the plot with their “Russian Conspiracy Theory”. It seems that ever since we bruised their beloved EU by 17m angry Brits voting to leave, followed then by Hilary being beaten by the Don, they have gone absolutely over the top with their conspiracy fairytale.

Just look at the slurs aimed at Donald Trump, He’s been called names such as “Putin’s Puppet”, “an unwitting agent” and I read somewhere that the New York Times even referred to him as “A Siberian Candidate”.
Just because the saying of Politicians both here and the USA seems to be “It's highly likely” that Putin interfered in the US Elections, the liberal elite in both countries delight in taking it at face value as being the gospel truth, when it fact, their favourite saying - “it’s highly likely” - means nothing more than “I haven’t got a shred of evidence, but I feel it in my water”.
Really? How good of you to tell us what we think.

These people really believe that Putin made Brexit happen?
No. No one said that.
Do keep up.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 03:26 PM

I've never really understood why we are always told to fear Russia, they from what I understand have never done anything to us at all. In fact when faced with a mutual enemy fought against them too.

They have a different way of life to us but fearing communism always seemed very strange it could never happen here and Russia has never tried to impose if on us.

I don't like many things they do, their treatment of anyone different in their own country bring one of them but we need to talk to them to achieve any change in that not cut ourselves off from them.

I've only ever met two Russians both nice people both had more in common with us than I expected. Both also loved their country.

I think they have more to worry about from Eu than we do from them. Eu has poked and prodded and if they get bitten it will be their own fault IMO

USA has always had a rather stupid fear of communism almost like they can't trust their own people not to become communists
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
LOLOL

The proposal was within the context (look that up if you don't understand it) of discussing ideas about what to do about Syria.

The suggestions I put forward were so outrageously impossible that I would have thought even YOU would not have taken them seriously.

But once again you have shown us that you can't tell truth from fiction. Democracies and citizenship demands some modicum of intelligence. :cry:
Well, fick or not, we're all way ahead of you on that one.
We'd figured out ages ago that's why you struggle to post anything other than the same repetitive, learnt-by-rote EU claptrap.
The friction caused by two brain cells to rub together would likely result in spontaneous self-combustion.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 06:09 PM

Hi

You have a quite brilliant way with words Morti.

I love it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2017, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I've never really understood why we are always told to fear Russia, they from what I understand have never done anything to us at all. In fact when faced with a mutual enemy fought against them too.

They have a different way of life to us but fearing communism always seemed very strange it could never happen here and Russia has never tried to impose if on us.

I don't like many things they do, their treatment of anyone different in their own country bring one of them but we need to talk to them to achieve any change in that not cut ourselves off from them.

I've only ever met two Russians both nice people both had more in common with us than I expected. Both also loved their country.

I think they have more to worry about from Eu than we do from them. Eu has poked and prodded and if they get bitten it will be their own fault IMO

USA has always had a rather stupid fear of communism almost like they can't trust their own people not to become communists
Good post Julie....I believe the same....
Flicker
France

20-04-2017, 10:58 AM

No free country sends spies to another one to put radioactive material into their tea.
No really democratic country elects a President, who stands down for the minimum time in the constitution, then miraculously wins the next elections.

No really democratic country is so riddled with state sponsored corruption.

None uses the police as does Russia to quell dissent.

None rides into somewhere like Chechnya and swallows it whole.

and none is so power crazed that it threatens the Eastern flank of Europe.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 11:43 AM

Not all countries are democratic doesn't make them bad necessarily. Benign dictatorships can work.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 07:44 PM

So they've now banned Jehovah witnesses as an extremist sect. Cue numerous anti JW comments on here... Perhaps religious freedom is not important?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So they've now banned Jehovah witnesses as an extremist sect. Cue numerous anti JW comments on here... Perhaps religious freedom is not important?
Hi

So what if they have?

What on earth has it got to do with the UK?

I really cannot get the logic of this.

We support regimes with much worse human rights violations and do not even impose sanctions on them, we trade with them and sell them weapons.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top