Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2009, 12:35 PM

Re: China gets added to the avoid list

'Tis a terrible time-stealer!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2009, 04:11 PM

You make some very good points guys. I think I think too much too sometimes! Quite depressing isn't it?

Money (which equals power) is generally the root of all evil!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2009, 11:37 AM

http://news.aol.co.uk/mentally-ill-m...02805206364657
liverbird
Wirral
liverbird is female  liverbird has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2010, 02:31 AM

someone bought me a pair of leather gloves for Christmas with a fur cuff, i looked at the label, made in china i was horrified i looked at the fur even more horrified it was attached to real skin the person who bought them was just as horrified when i binned them.
can't stand the country
btw they were purchased at B&M
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by liverbird ->
someone bought me a pair of leather gloves for Christmas with a fur cuff, i looked at the label, made in china i was horrified i looked at the fur even more horrified it was attached to real skin the person who bought them was just as horrified when i binned them.
can't stand the country
btw they were purchased at B&M
Well done, if that fur was black the chances are that 'real skin' might once have been on a Newfoundland dog like this:-

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/27670...34309642CPWNsX

BTW are you saying the person who gave them too you was horrified you could have such a high moral standard or horrified they had bought something with out thinking of the consequences. Somehow I think I know the answer but just wanted to check.
liverbird
Wirral
liverbird is female  liverbird has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2010, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Well done, if that fur was black the chances are that 'real skin' might once have been on a Newfoundland dog like this:-

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/27670...34309642CPWNsX

BTW are you saying the person who gave them too you was horrified you could have such a high moral standard or horrified they had bought something with out thinking of the consequences. Somehow I think I know the answer but just wanted to check.
horrified they had bought something without checking first it was my daughter and she was really upst but never thought things like that would be in our local store......
have a Newffie X GSD
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2010, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Well put, Claire! I try to avoid buying Chinese made products because of their awful treatment of people and animals, but it's not easy.

No it's not easy. What annoys me is that nearly all animal products are made in China, plus dog chews and some dog foods. I managed to buy Asti to new dog beds that were made in New Zeland as all others were made in China and she won't sit in the ones from China probably because she doesn't like the smell of the materials they use, she loved the New Zeland beds.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by liverbird ->
horrified they had bought something without checking first it was my daughter and she was really upst but never thought things like that would be in our local store......
have a Newffie X GSD
OK I was wrong, but then you didn't say it was your daughter, so glad you're bringing her up with a conscience, the only way youngsters can get that is from their parents.
Would like to see a picture of your dog if you have the time and the technology
liverbird
Wirral

03-01-2010, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
OK I was wrong, but then you didn't say it was your daughter, so glad you're bringing her up with a conscience, the only way youngsters can get that is from their parents.
Would like to see a picture of your dog if you have the time and the technology
she went out and bought me some woolly gloves

my grandaughter with Shades my Newffie X GSD
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2010, 02:38 PM

There is a ban on any natural fur products from China to be imported into this country.

Please get on to the Trading Standards Officer about this.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top