Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 07:20 PM

They are going

My three poplar trees that is. They are big,well huge to be honest. Every strong wind worries me as if one fell it would take someone`s house with it. Not cheap at £2000 but there is a lot of work involved and a lot of wood to be removed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 07:25 PM

Re: They are going

It's always a shame when trees are cut down but at least it will put your mind at rest and it will let in a lot more sunlight (when we get some).
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
My three poplar trees that is. They are big,well huge to be honest. Every strong wind worries me as if one fell it would take someone`s house with it. Not cheap at £2000 but there is a lot of work involved and a lot of wood to be removed.
It does sound expensive OG. It might be worth asking the Council. Ours offers services like this (and other stuff like electricians, plumbing, house repairs etc.) with skilled operatives and they might not charge as much as £2000. Anyone can ask for a quote - doesn't have to be a Council house.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 12:09 AM

I have three Oak trees on my Devon bank, down the left hand side of the back garden. When we moved here they were saplings & I could get my hands around their trunks. 40 years on they are large mature trees & I do wonder how safe they are. If they did fall it would be into my garden though not on anyone's house, though they might hit next doors back garden as well. & flatten the fence between.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2017, 01:54 PM

A pal of mine owned an hotel...he had some very large oak trees to the front that was obscuring his hotel and starving the restaurant of light.

He knew there were possible covenants on them but had them felled anyway.
This cost him around £15k.

He was the hauled into court...ordered to plant the same amount of trees and fined around £20k
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2017, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
A pal of mine owned an hotel...he had some very large oak trees to the front that was obscuring his hotel and starving the restaurant of light.

He knew there were possible covenants on them but had them felled anyway.
This cost him around £15k.

He was the hauled into court...ordered to plant the same amount of trees and fined around £20k

Ouch!!!-These buggars are just Poplars and I`m no longer in a preservation area.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 10:02 AM

That's not a bad price for three huge trees.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

30-03-2017, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That's not a bad price for three huge trees.
I agree-it`s a lot of work. I did smile earlier today. I was sitting on my front wall waiting for a friend and this van turns up. It was `Pikey Pete` and his mate `Dodgy Dave`-well we know the sort.

Hey mate them popular-yes popular trees are dangerous-we can do that. OK how much?? We have have to look but say £750 a tree?

Oh sod it I say-if only you had come sooner-I`m already contracted
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 05:11 PM

Will you be waiting until after the fledglings have flown?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Will you be waiting until after the fledglings have flown?

You're right, Rehab (for once ).
I know one bloke round this way who won't do that job while the birds are nesting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top