Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 04:31 PM

Re: Gun being held to Britain's head by the French !!

Its so true OGF, when I think of what we have lost compared to the so-called gains since being hoodwinked into joining the "Common Market" as it was known all those years back then. And this is the culmination of the EU's pipedream of open borders and free travel for the world and his brother ! (and which, thank you Lord, Britain voted not to join the Shengen agreement.)

Where, I would like to know, is it all going to end?
Who do we blame ? It is so frightening, it's as if the whole world is trying to get into the UK. What in god's name is happening to this country? How can any British government ever allow things to have got this far. I know I am repeating myself but it doesn't help that we are saddled with a limp-wristed Government cabinet, too frightened to open their mouths and tell France to stop pussyfooting around and get their house in order, in case France in return tells us to shove our British border guards where the sun doesn't shine, whilst eagerly tearing up the agreement which allows our guards to be on French soil. A classic case of "Get your men out of France and ensure your border starts at Dover. (problem solved at a stroke in France !)

So who do we blame for this catastrophic scenario? according to the papers Western leaders, chief among them David Cameron, - created a gateway to mainland Europe from Africa by toppling Gaddafi in Libya, then abandoning the country to anarchy.

The Italian government has made a mockery of the EU by ignoring rules stating that migrants must claim asylum in the first safe country they enter.
The European Commission has been typically pathetic in
enforcing their own laws and protocol.

The French - behaving every bit as deplorable as the Italians - shamelessly waving migrants on towards the UK, failing to take their fingerprints and, when they do detect stowaways, releasing them within minutes.
Most egregiously, they continue to allow the migrants to use the woods near Calais as a base, complete with it's own restaurant, to launch their attacks on passing vehicles and the Eurotunnel.

As the Tory MP Damian Collins, furious at the lack of law enforcement by the French, remarked: "I can't believe they would be that lax in protecting an airport or any other sensitive facility".

Then of course, there is our own Government which refuses to utter one word of criticism of France for fear they will rip up treaties allowing Britain to carry out border checks on it's soil. Of course this would be a gross dereliction of duty on behalf of the French but do you honestly think they care?
Our government just keep on using the soft glove treatment by handing over £20millions pounds to bolster security and trying to tackle the problem of stopping the boat's crossing the Med in the first place.

Why are they coming to Calais in wave after wave instead of staying in Italy? We all know we are the ultimate global soft touch which will provide them with free healthcare, limitless welfare and education. They are breezing through our porous border controls which then because they are so successful, only encourages thousands more to come and try their luck.

Unless Mr Cameron gets his backside onto a plane home pronto, this latest episode risks doing untold damage to his administration.

As for trying to find a suitable candidate to lead the No/Out vote in our forthcoming Referendum on the EU? we don't need one thank you, the devastating scenes we are seeing in Calais and Kent in our papers and on our television screens are more than enough to ensure the Out vote will have a resounding success. Enough is enough !
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Do you know, I depair ! Just reading more that is depressing me no end ! (maybe I should put the paper down and go get another cup of coffee ! this cannot be doing my blood pressure any good !

Judges yesterday ruled the Government's fast-track asylum appeals are unlawful.
The verdict is a major blow to the Home Office's hopes of quickly re-starting the fast-track regime, which is considered vital for deterring bogus claims.
It was suspended earlier this month amid challenges from human rights lawyers.
As a result of the decision, 323 asylum seekers have been released from detention so far - making it far more likely they will be able to now abscond.

Since 2000, ministers have fast-tracked claims likely to prove unfounded or which could be decided quickly, such as economic migrants caught sneaking in via Calais. One of the aims was to deter migrants who believed that, once in the UK, they would never be removed. The appeal stage was also fast-tracked - dealt with in as little as three weeks.

Yesterday, the Court of Appeal ruled the appeal stage is "structurally unfair". Master of the Rolls Lord Dyson said the rules are too heavily weighted in favour of efficiency at the expense of fairness and justice.
But campaign group Migrationwatch warned that ending fast-track appeals sends out the "worst possible message".

A government spokesman said - "We are disappointed with the outcome - We are seeking further permission to appeal".

UNQUOTE

What sticks in my throat is that these greasy, money-grabbing robbing from the taxpayers purse Human Rights Lawyers were seen shouting, waving their arms and celebrating outside the law courts after this result.

So we not only have to be faced with open porous borders, the French shuffling all immigrants towards Calais, thousands of migrants getting through, no-one in Europe bothering at all in taking any notice of the written in stone Dublin agreement that they must offer asylum to any immigrant that lands in the first European country of safety, (no, much easier to move em on toward Calais and the UK) our hauliers attacked by mobs, tourists terrified, ports blocked, roads set on fire, Kent at a standstill, millions of pounds being lost in our economy, we now also have to contend with idiotic judges and human rights lawyers in our own country, stabbing us in the back as well.

HO HUM ! better put the kettle on quick !
My brother has spent over £1000 trying to get a visa for his wife's mother to come over and visit for a few months. She has been refused due to her lack of income and the fact she may abscond . She is 78 years of age and would be fully supported by my high earning brother and wife.
One billion lost per year as a result of cross channel disruption to food etc. Dreadful crisis, what does that work out each per day, about 8p?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 04:52 PM

Its so true OGF, when I think of what we have lost compared to the so-called gains since being hoodwinked into joining the "Common Market" as it was known all those years back then. And this is the culmination of the EU's pipedream of open borders and free travel for the world and his brother ! (and which, thank you Lord, Britain voted not to join the Shengen agreement.)

Where, I would like to know, is it all going to end?
Who do we blame ? It is so frightening, it's as if the whole world is trying to get into the UK. What in god's name is happening to this country? How can any British government ever allow things to have got this far. I know I am repeating myself but it doesn't help that we are saddled with a limp-wristed Government cabinet, too frightened to open their mouths and tell France to stop pussyfooting around and get their house in order, in case France in return tells us to shove our British border guards where the sun doesn't shine, whilst eagerly tearing up the agreement which allows our guards to be on French soil. A classic case of "Get your men out of France and ensure your border starts at Dover. (problem solved at a stroke in France !)

So who do we blame for this catastrophic scenario? according to the papers Western leaders, chief among them David Cameron, - created a gateway to mainland Europe from Africa by toppling Gaddafi in Libya, then abandoning the country to anarchy.

The Italian government has made a mockery of the EU by ignoring rules stating that migrants must claim asylum in the first safe country they enter.
The European Commission has been typically pathetic in
enforcing their own laws and protocol.

The French - behaving every bit as deplorable as the Italians - shamelessly waving migrants on towards the UK, failing to take their fingerprints and, when they do detect stowaways, releasing them within minutes.
Most egregiously, they continue to allow the migrants to use the woods near Calais as a base, complete with it's own restaurant, to launch their attacks on passing vehicles and the Eurotunnel.

As the Tory MP Damian Collins, furious at the lack of law enforcement by the French, remarked: "I can't believe they would be that lax in protecting an airport or any other sensitive facility".

Then of course, there is our own Government which refuses to utter one word of criticism of France for fear they will rip up treaties allowing Britain to carry out border checks on it's soil. Of course this would be a gross dereliction of duty on behalf of the French but do you honestly think they care?
Our government just keep on using the soft glove treatment by handing over £20millions pounds to bolster security and trying to tackle the problem of stopping the boat's crossing the Med in the first place.

Why are they coming to Calais in wave after wave instead of staying in Italy? We all know we are the ultimate global soft touch which will provide them with free healthcare, limitless welfare and education. They are breezing through our porous border controls which then because they are so successful, only encourages thousands more to come and try their luck.

Unless Mr Cameron gets his backside onto a plane home pronto, this latest episode risks doing untold damage to his administration.

As for trying to find a suitable candidate to lead the No/Out vote in our forthcoming Referendum on the EU? we don't need one thank you, the devastating scenes we are seeing in Calais and Kent in our papers and on our television screens are more than enough to ensure the Out vote will have a resounding success. Enough is enough !
Dream on, any referendum result will be in favour of remaining in. And the immigration problems are not all about the EU, as many do not come from the EU, it is about the Human Rights Legislation.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 05:01 PM

I've made this point on many other threads and I certainly don;t level the blame on any current persons BUT

the West ran around the world stealing other peoples countries and resources - good Queen victoria took a lot including Australia - then the super powers starting carving up the Middle East at one point. etc etc - get the idea - the west steals off the east and in some cases enslaves the occupants and now the worm has turned!!

they all want a piece of us now and they know how to get it - it's just like a reclamation or re-payment option!!

welcome to the real world where dog eats dog!!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 05:07 PM

doe - you will get no argument from me !
I think it is crazy if your brother and his wife have offered to sponsor her elderly mother whilst she visits them here in the UK. There are many other situations just as grossly unfair as theirs going through the system.
Immigration seem to have this ridiculous mind-set that everyone (including a 78-year old dearly loved mum) if not having a job, salary and accommodation awaiting them them here, are likely to abscond !! and yet look at some of the dross that this country welcomes in and those that we are unable to deport. thanks to human rights lawyers. grrrrrrr !
As I say, you will certainly get no argument from me, to deny anyone the right to see their aged parent(s) is an absolute travesty.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 05:21 PM

.... tearing up the agreement which allows our guards to be on French soil. A classic case of "Get your men out of France and ensure your border starts at Dover !
Good!
Tear up the bloody agreement, shut down the tunnel, our border starts at Dover.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

30-07-2015, 06:21 PM

Yes, understand it is not all about the EU, but it is about the fact that the EU are breaking all the rules agreed under the Dublin agreement with regard to thousands of Africans being allowed to travel on to Calais, desperate to reach our shores, instead of being given asylum at the first safe European country. Who the hell wants to be part of an organisation that wilfully breaks all the rules because it doesn't suit what is happening. Here in the UK, we aren't even part of the madness of Shengen and open European borders, yet we are the ones being invaded by thousands of African migrant workers !
Of course they are desperately trying to get through on the Channel tunnel, The new security fence is being erected and they know it is going to eventually become much more difficult to gain entrance to it.

In all truthfulness, it's just wishful thinking on my part that the No vote in the EU referendum would be the winner after this debacle. I would dearly love to be able to cement up the Channel Tunnel, raise the drawbridge and tell the EU along with the ECHR to go to hell ! As I say, just wishful thinking from me !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 06:29 PM

Kent Council are at breaking point taking care of migrant children - financial breaking point and there is no more space to house them
psmiddx
London
psmiddx is male 

05-08-2015, 01:11 PM

Apparently, these illegals are (and I have the right to use that term as they think they have the right to come here) being waived on by European countries with the deliberate intention of letting us sort them out. Sad, but true, it's now time to quit the EU but obviously the UN charter would have us do the same thing. This country is bad enough with the so-called 'legal' migration and this is a major scourge on this country. I'm sorry, but I couldn't be sympathetic to these people in any way, as they are esponging their so-called rights (hollering at our guards/French ones 'that we are not animals'). I don't want anyone to die, but I sort of agree with 'call me Dave' that their countries get enough help/aid and this country is NOT paved with gold. But they're getting the stories from their own media and others who have made it here. However... if the aid is failing and that old chestnut of being misappropriated then it's time to stop that too, except where it is definitely used properly. Watch what happens now, with the Chunnel's security fencing - they'll swim the Channel and we'll be obliged to pick them up! British boats will be sent out, military or otherwise chartered (nice, little earner for someone) as the French won't do anything.
Boots
Dorset UK
Boots is female  Boots has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 03:04 PM

There are certainly some heated comments on this thread, most in line with my views. With regard to the fence, well I would electrify it, initially so it gave those that tried to get through, a nasty shock, but if they kept on trying, then I am afraid some would have to die to give the others the message. There was a picture in the paper of a fence being put up in Bulgaria that made ours look even more feeble than they are. It was rolls and rolls or razor wire, which would cut anyone to shreds who tried to get through. And migrants do not want to stop in Bulgaria in the main, don't get enough freebies, they just pass through but cause mayhem with stealing etc. With regard to the spoilt food - well they spoilt it, feed it to them if they want to eat. Not only do these people cause all sorts of problems when they get here, but we do not check them for diseases like TB hence an illness that had almost gone has now come back and that is mainly from immigrants allowed to come in, so goodness knows what the others will bring.

With regard to the diversion to Wales and the welsh, on of my DILs is welsh and her children go to welsh speaking only schools. They talk to each other in welsh although they can speak English. Not sure that they can read it yet. Their father who was actually born in NZ although came here as a child, does not speak welsh so can be excluded from conversations if the children so wish, although being terribly spoilt, they can speak English when they want the latest whatever. DIL will not leave Wales for anything. Thinks the children must stay in Wales when they grow up and try to find a job. Oh well I wonder what will happen.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top