Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2015, 08:28 PM

Re: GRASS ... it cometh

Originally Posted by Rachel ->

I'm guessing he uses a whole load of pesticides
I don't think so. He tends to his garden for up to 10 hours a day. A weed ain't gonna stand up to that scrutiny.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2015, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I don't think so. He tends to his garden for up to 10 hours a day. A weed ain't gonna stand up to that scrutiny.
I was considering slugs, snails, aphids and all sorts of bugs in his borders as well as the lawn situation.
Incredibly neat and clean. Not a leaf out of place.

He has to have been using chemicals of some kind doesn't he ?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2015, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I was considering slugs, snails, aphids and all sorts of bugs in his borders as well as the lawn situation.
Incredibly neat and clean. Not a leaf out of place.

He has to have been using chemicals of some kind doesn't he ?
A bug or an insect wouldn't dare step claw in that place.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2015, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
A bug or an insect wouldn't dare step claw in that place.
Yes ... that's worrying and something that often bothers me when I see gardens like this on TV.

Amazing to behold, but when you start to consider how these 'perfect' gardens are achieved AND how they are allowed to be used, I imagine there is another story lurking.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 10:35 AM

Seeing this garden made me think of Jasper Carrots The mole....can you imagine what fun a mole would have :

Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

24-08-2015, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Seeing this garden made me think of Jasper Carrots The mole....can you imagine what fun a mole would have :
Oh my goodness
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 02:44 PM

That is hilarious.

We had one once, when our garden was cultivated & before houses were built below our garden, when it was all fields. My OH was so mad at it he went out with his crossbow & bolts & as a mound appeared he'd shoot the bolt into the hole. He never caught the mole either but it gave us a laugh watching him. The mole eventually went back to the fields & never came back.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That is hilarious.

We had one once, when our garden was cultivated & before houses were built below our garden, when it was all fields. My OH was so mad at it he went out with his crossbow & bolts & as a mound appeared he'd shoot the bolt into the hole. He never caught the mole either but it gave us a laugh watching him. The mole eventually went back to the fields & never came back.
Not an animal lover then
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 03:35 PM

Not an animal lover then
Not when OH's precious veg garden was involved no.
Soon after that he built raised beds, then fought batles with all sorts of other garden pests.
This is what those looked like, though a bit neglected the year this was taken, the raised beds that is.
solo
UK

24-08-2015, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Not when OH's precious veg garden was involved no.
Soon after that he built raised beds, then fought batles with all sorts of other garden pests.
This is what those looked like, though a bit neglected the year this was taken, the raised beds that is.

Your hubby has given big game hunting a whole new meaningTiffany...

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top