Join for free
Page 32 of 370 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2016, 09:40 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

A good workout Floydy, I'll try some short fast intervals on tomorrow's early morning six miler.

After driving the Granddaughter 180 miles down to Stanstead Airport through the night and arriving home at 7:00am I managed to snatch a couple of hours sleep. It was 10:30am by the time I got out for my Tuesday six. The sun was well up and it was already in the mid twenties so although it was a sweaty run I was surprised by how good I felt.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A good workout Floydy, I'll try some short fast intervals on tomorrow's early morning six miler.

After driving the Granddaughter 180 miles down to Stanstead Airport through the night and arriving home at 7:00am I managed to snatch a couple of hours sleep. It was 10:30am by the time I got out for my Tuesday six. The sun was well up and it was already in the mid twenties so although it was a sweaty run I was surprised by how good I felt.
you silly bugger!! and so say all of us!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
you silly bugger!! and so say all of us!
Yes I believe you're right Gumbud, as much as I would like to deny it (especially to myself) with every passing year and every laboured sweat soaked run that description fits me like a well worn slipper. In the past I have punctuated training runs with the occasional event; Marathon, Fell Run, Half Marathon or all singing all dancing full blown expedition taking more than one day to complete, but these days there is nothing on the horizon. Even Mrs Fox has withdrawn her support when I suggested that I might have a go at a half marathon later in the year. Her reply was "I'm not coming to watch you kill yourself!"

So I fear the inevitable, It's not just Mrs Fox, but the drive seems to have left me and more appropriate hobbies are beckoning (stamp collecting or fishing) I have come to the end of a forty year high and all I have to show for it are the numerous stories that everyone has heard a thousand times before.

This mornings six did go rather well though managing a time at the faster end of this years efforts.....Maybe I can snatch some shuteye in the cinema while Mrs Fox drooles over Jason Bourne..........
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2016, 12:01 PM

Yes I believe you're right Gumbud, as much as I would like to deny it (especially to myself) with every passing year and every laboured sweat soaked run that description fits me like a well worn slipper. In the past I have punctuated training runs with the occasional event; Marathon, Fell Run, Half Marathon or all singing all dancing full blown expedition taking more than one day to complete, but these days there is nothing on the horizon. Even Mrs Fox has withdrawn her support when I suggested that I might have a go at a half marathon later in the year. Her reply was "I'm not coming to watch you kill yourself!"

So I fear the inevitable, It's not just Mrs Fox, but the drive seems to have left me and more appropriate hobbies are beckoning (stamp collecting or fishing) I have come to the end of a forty year high and all I have to show for it are the numerous stories that everyone has heard a thousand times before.

This mornings six did go rather well though managing a time at the faster end of this years efforts.....Maybe I can snatch some shuteye in the cinema while Mrs Fox drooles over Jason Bourne..........
wasn't talkin about the runnin was talkin about the drivin!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 11:41 AM

Because of my night shifts and subsequent body clock trauma, I'm usually up in the middle of the night at weekends. But for the first time in living memory I slept right through a Friday night without waking up. I think it had something to do with getting up quite late yesterday afternoon (1.30 pm) and eventually going to bed at 11 pm last night. So this morning I was up at 7 am feeling absolutely brilliant.
My back is still a little tetchy but otherwise I thought to myself “Well, why the hell not? Sod the resting – get your finger out and get yourself to that gym”. I duly travelled onwards with a spring in my step to that glorious place forthwith…

Saturday 3/9/16 – Upper body, various:

1. BB press w/u:
25x30

2. Bench:
12x60
7x70
7x70

3. Smith incline 60°:
5x50
4x50
8x40

4. Incline chest press:
12x50
12x50
12x50

5. Triceps extension, stack machine:
25x40
25x40

6. Bicep curls, stack machine, alt:
8x35
8x40
8x45

7. Lat pulldown, underarm:
8x60
8x65

8. Seated row, hammer bar:
25x47

9. Rope pulldowns:
25x41
20x47
15x53

10. E-Z preacher curl, low pull:
12x28
8x38
4x48

11. Smith “push press”: ***NEW***
10x40
10x40
8x50
*I saw someone doing these late on in my session and decided to have a go.
Positioning myself way back on a flat bench with the bar virtually above my lower diaphragm, pushing with a very close grip with thumbs touching. Felt absolutely great and really hit the pecs. Must do these again regularly.

12. Ab crunch:
20x60
10x70
10x75
10x80
25x50
25x45
*Extra set there at the end.

Time: 1hr 10mins.

So there we have it. A splendid upper body mix of general pressing and pulling interspersed with a generous array of high reps to boot. No issues with the back except a cautious warning whilst I was frantically showering, so I slowed down a bit.

Out this afterlunch for a few ales in Beverley to check out Wetherspoon’s latest establishment.

*If you are getting bored of me posting these routines, please say. I know I'm alone on this forum with any kind of gym talk, so perhaps I should limit these write-ups to my regular journal at MuscleTalk?

Thanks guys, have a great weekend.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-09-2016, 03:03 PM

I love reading about your workouts and how you fit it in around work and your daily life, the disciplines are very impressive Floydy, but my eyes glaze over at the lists of rep's, don't stop posting for gawd's sake though.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-09-2016, 04:06 PM

Well not exactly today but back in 1991....

Perhaps easier to read.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 07:48 PM

OldGrey Fox - I take it one of these chaps is your good self?
Impressive effort and even better it was a charity event. Don't you just love Robin Hood's Bay though?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-09-2016, 07:50 PM

I love reading about your workouts and how you fit it in around work and your daily life, the disciplines are very impressive Floydy, but my eyes glaze over at the lists of rep's, don't stop posting for gawd's sake though.....
Okay bud, that's good thanks
I may just simplify it a little for this site, keeping the full version for the guys on Muscletalk
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 10:30 AM

I hate flies

Page 32 of 370 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top