Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:38 PM

Smart Watches

Useful gimmick, or technology for your future? Any owners or thoughts?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:42 PM

Re: Smart Watches

One of the joys of being retired is I don't need a watch smart or otherwise. A clock on the wall is sufficient .

I do have a watch somewhere but it is so long since I have seen it I have forgotten what it looks like
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:50 PM

Hi Dobra..its a bit "horses for courses" I personally have no need for one so to me theyre a useless gimmick..not for my future..if I had reason to use one or the other gimmicks it offers then id consider one.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:51 PM

Hi

My son has one, he loves it and I must admit it is a very impressive bit of kit.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 08:25 PM

Just realised I haven't even got an ordinary watch!

I have a stopwatch that I've now had to hide in a drawer as it started beeping every so often as I had pressed something or other and now I can't figure out how to stop it.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 08:41 PM

One of the negatives that comes out from time to time is the need for re-charging too often.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 11:15 PM

I am thinking of buying one.
Not the Apple Watch though as they are far too expensive.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 11:18 PM

Never even heard of 'em.
What do they do apart from presumably tell the time?
Alien
Uk
Alien is male  Alien has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Never even heard of 'em.
What do they do apart from presumably tell the time?
They do stuff , and if you press the thingy button and hold the wotsit bit in,the ooji m'flip urns the do-dah off.however if you turn the knockin valve to midway then the whatsit moves the thingy and then with a bit of maths and using the book it's supplied with you can if needed work out the tide depth on any given date in history.the do-dah if pulled then rotated in a clockwise direction and if used in conjunction with ones iPhone will if asked dial the talking clock in NY, again by using a simple formula taken from 'the book'it is possible to work out the time at your present location anywhere in the world...now that's smart!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Alien ->
They do stuff , and if you press the thingy button and hold the wotsit bit in,the ooji m'flip urns the do-dah off.however if you turn the knockin valve to midway then the whatsit moves the thingy and then with a bit of maths and using the book it's supplied with you can if needed work out the tide depth on any given date in history.the do-dah if pulled then rotated in a clockwise direction and if used in conjunction with ones iPhone will if asked dial the talking clock in NY, again by using a simple formula taken from 'the book'it is possible to work out the time at your present location anywhere in the world...now that's smart!
I WANT one !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top