Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 03:10 PM

Re: 'out of touch', ignorant MP

They're in business to make profits ... despite all the useless supermarket wars or clubcard or loyalty schemes which save the customer very little but try to fool them that their supermarket cares. That's an accepted fact of life and commerce.

I was just wondering how the taxpayer paying a few more quid to top up their wages as Bruv suggested would work in practice.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They make huge profits morti while you and others pay taxes to top up their workers wages. You are in effect propping up companies some making millions and they go to the banks laughing at you.
I still don't know why people cannot understand this it's been happening for years, there are so very few "real" jobs out there.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They make huge profits morti while you and others pay taxes to top up their workers wages. You are in effect propping up companies some making millions and they go to the banks laughing at you.
This is the problem with" in work" benefits, (many of which were introduced by the labour Blair/Brown years just to buy votes), is that it skews market forces and actually allows the employers to pay less. If many of the benefits didn't exist then the employers would be forced to offer more money to attract the staff that they need. No different to housing benefit, it just allowed landlords to charge more in the knowledge that the government (taxpayer) would always stump up the extra. A truly bonkers notion.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Culled from Guido Fawkes article.

This is class war at its best.

The folks who are getting the free stuff don't like the folks who are paying for the free stuff, because the folks who are paying for the free stuff can no longer afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff. And the folks who are paying for the free stuff want the free stuff to stop. And the folks who are getting the free stuff want even more free stuff on top of the free stuff they are already getting!

Now - The people who are forcing the people who pay for the free stuff have told the people who are RECEIVING the free stuff that the people who are PAYING for the free stuff are being mean, prejudiced, and racist. So - The people who are GETTING the free stuff have been convinced they need to hate the people who are paying for the free stuff by the people who are forcing some people to pay for their free stuff and giving them the free stuff in the first place.

We have let the free stuff giving go on for so long that there are now more people getting free stuff than paying for the free stuff.

When the people who are PAYING for the free stuff have had enough and have gone to pastures new in foreign climes, I wonder what the people who are RECEIVING the free stuff will do.

Perhaps the people who have been forcing the people who pay for the free stuff can explain to the people who have been RECEIVING the free stuff what their best course of action should be now.

That should be funny!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 03:23 PM

There is No Free stuff. Never was.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
This is the problem with" in work" benefits, (many of which were introduced by the labour Blair/Brown years just to buy votes), is that it skews market forces and actually allows the employers to pay less. If many of the benefits didn't exist then the employers would be forced to offer more money to attract the staff that they need. No different to housing benefit, it just allowed landlords to charge more in the knowledge that the government (taxpayer) would always stump up the extra. A truly bonkers notion.
You explained that well .. I was struggling with a slow brain and sleepy linguistics today.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
It was criminal when they did that looking at where my husband works 20 odd people only one no top ups. Two can't do a full week or they lose their top ups so they are always off with something.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 03:43 PM

Time for a Living wage then ?

Supermarkets also cut hours, so their periods of need are covered.
Employing one person for a full day means they have gone home when the evening rush happens. Two people spread over the morning rush and the evening rush , means no paid tea or meal breaks either......brilliant for profit, not so good for Tax payers.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Time for a Living wage then ?

Supermarkets also cut hours, so their periods of need are covered.
Employing one person for a full day means they have gone home when the evening rush happens. Two people spread over the morning rush and the evening rush , means no paid tea or meal breaks either......brilliant for profit, not so good for Tax payers.

Better yet, they employ them on zero hour contracts and only call them to work as and when rush begins. Zero hour contracts was also a way the scumbag 'nasty party' used to massage the unemployed figures.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 06:24 PM

When my "real" job disappeared some 30 odd years ago now, I did a lot of Agency work on what was called "roll up" rates, no holiday pay, no sick pay etc. This was to all intents and purposes "zero hours" but it wasn't called that in those days and unlike the modern idea, I was free to come and go as I pleased. Which if I could get 50p an hour more down the road I would do.
At the time there was a reasonable amount of work about and the rates were good enough to live on but about 15 years ago it all dried up as we don't make anything any more in this country.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top