Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 09:49 PM

Re: Lunch

Geoff, when did baked beans and hash browns ever figure in an ENGLISH (or British) breakfast ? Now a good bowl of porridge - that's what you need to start the day (made with an added pinch of salt - none of this fruit, jam etc.)
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 10:20 PM

I think you will find you are #3 Aysa..and #10 now of course.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Come this way Nom matey and I'll treat you to a FULL English breakfast - eggs, bacon, sausages, black pudding, mushrooms, baked beans, hash browns, fried slice with a side portion of chips too and two 'doorstep' slices of toast and coffee - sound good???

Good God UJ, I'm surprised you can get out of that chair after that lot!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Geoff, when did baked beans and hash browns ever figure in an ENGLISH (or British) breakfast ? Now a good bowl of porridge - that's what you need to start the day (made with an added pinch of salt - none of this fruit, jam etc.)

Nearly thirty years ago I spent a year at a residential college. Breakfast was cereals (I detest milk) and then a fry up. The porridge they did cook in the traditional way - in water so yes I was able to eat that and then a full english breakfast on top. There was a toast rack on the table too and unless you told them not to, they would continually refill it. In the first term I put on 1 stone in weight !!!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top