Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 09:39 AM

Re: NASA Photographs

Originally Posted by uncle salty ->
Thank you! You made my day.

I don't have enough knowledge to be called an outer space buff, but I am a fan.

I have a tee shirt with the NASA logo, and it says 'I Need My Space'.

A quick funny story...

I spent 8 months building a model of the International Space Station, with the intention of giving it to the local children's library.

Once it was finished, I made a startling discovery.

It's too big to get it out of my fort. Sooo glad I didn't promise it beforehand.

And so, it hangs in my fort to this very day. Sorry about the quality. I'm a modeler, not a photographer.

Thank you for sharing your work. That was indeed a labour of love Uncle S. Do those panels actually move or rotate !
Red Kite
Red Kite is female 

10-10-2015, 11:35 PM

Wow.... everybody....
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 10:17 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udAL48P5NJU

When you watch this video, please choose full screen and turn your volume up.

Then ask yourself a question.....

In the vastness of space, will there be other life-forms?

Do you sense the vastness of infinity?

Do you not feel a little humble? A little insignificant?
uncle salty
eastern united states
uncle salty is male  uncle salty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
Oh, Wow!
Salty, you are indeed a gifted man!!!

I am quite sure that somebody over there would love to put that in a school science lab if you didn't have somebody special in mind.

Perhaps in the Youngster's Library?
Giving it to the Children's Library was the original plan, but like I mentioned, I can't get it out the door.

No, not gifted. Modelling is following instructions. The most important skill involved in modelling is patience.

Originally Posted by solo ->
Thank you for sharing your work. That was indeed a labour of love Uncle S. Do those panels actually move or rotate !
No, they don't move. It's a balance issue.

And thanks everyone for the compliments, and especially for the links!! I've added a couple to my Space folder.

I've already got the 'spot the ISS' site, and I've taken my telescope out in the yard a few times, but I've never been able to actually see the doggone thing.

Or at least I don't think I have. Like I said, I'm a fan, not a buff.

This is a pretty groovy image of the ISS crossing the moon I have as my desktop background.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top