Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 10:11 AM

Re: Islam in the news for the right reasons.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But surely we don't take out the entire family or race or religion that person belongs to, which is what people are doing to the Muslims, one bad act and the entire religion is attacked and blamed.
Unfortunately for moderate muslims, the Jihadists are carrying out their inhuman, cruel and despicable acts of terrorism in the name of Islam and justify their actions by direct quotations from the words of the prophet and his followers from "the book." Christian terrorists (the Spanish Inquisition) did exactly the same with justifications from the Bible - as still do nutters from US Christian extremist groups.

What non-muslims are worried about (as regards "moderate" muslims) is, when the time comes to stand up against these ISIS types, will moderates have the courage to do so, or will they do as the mass of the German people did with Hitler and turn a blind eye to the atrocities?

It's not just about "one bad act" Julie. It is about thousands upon thousands of evil actions worldwide from those professing to be devout Muslims. Even putting to one side those actions aimed at non-muslims, since the 1960's it is estimated that the worldwide Shia/Sunni conflict has meant that over 10,000,000 muslims have been killed by other muslims over the past 50 years. That is not "one bad act" - that is a policy of genocide carried out largely by Sunni jihadists.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by MickB
What non-muslims are worried about (as regards "moderate" muslims) is, when the time comes to stand up against these ISIS types, will moderates have the courage to do so, or will they do as the mass of the German people did with Hitler and turn a blind eye to the atrocities?
No. I truly believe that could never happen again.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Unfortunately for moderate muslims, the Jihadists are carrying out their inhuman, cruel and despicable acts of terrorism in the name of Islam and justify their actions by direct quotations from the words of the prophet and his followers from "the book." Christian terrorists (the Spanish Inquisition) did exactly the same with justifications from the Bible - as still do nutters from US Christian extremist groups.

It's not just about "one bad act" Julie. It is about thousands upon thousands of evil actions worldwide from those professing to be devout Muslims. Even putting to one side those actions aimed at non-muslims, since the 1960's it is estimated that the worldwide Shia/Sunni conflict has meant that over 10,000,000 muslims have been killed by other muslims over the past 50 years. That is not "one bad act" - that is a policy of genocide carried out largely by Sunni jihadists.
I sometimes wonder if I am writing English, I didn't say it was one bad act I was saying we don't blame an entire group of people for one bad act. An example not saying there had only been one bad act. Anyway it's crazy to imagine no Muslims will stand up to the jihadists they are already doing so we turn a blind eye to them but they are there being killed in their thousands everyday.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 10:35 AM

But surely we don't take out the entire family or race or religion that person belongs to, which is what people are doing to the Muslims, one bad act and the entire religion is attacked and blamed. As for having enough of it all as one member says how does she think the people on Iraq or Syria feel about the situation ? talk about no empathy for other people.
I do blame the religion ... but I don't blame every member of that religion. There is a difference.
Incidentally, it's funny you should mention people in Iraq or Syria?
I assume 'she' means me?
People in Iraq and Syria probably know no other life by now. And I say ... keep it in Iraq or Syria and please don't bring their obnoxious ways here to the UK.

They're already fouling my neck of the woods.
I live in North Staffordshire and though it's not been widely reported in the National news rags, only the local .... there are 6 Afghan armed migrants on the run.
On Saturday 13 Afghans were apprehended at Keele Service station, travelling on the M6 in a Hungarian HGV.
7 were arrested. 6 fled.
Later that day they were spotted. They shot at a farmer.
They're still on the run.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 10:38 AM

So because people know no other life we cannot help them ? I will remember that next time I hear of a child being abused no need to help they know no better or starving people in places of drought etc just leave them they know no better.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 10:53 AM

Now you're puting words into my mouth.
I didn't say don't help them.
But you tell me .... how do we help them then?
Encourage over 20 million Syrians to come to Europe? Millions are already reckoned to be displaced within the country itself. The 4 million in refugee camps are nothing.
There are over 12 million Iraqi's too.
So what do we do?
Fight the war for them? In our usual Westernised hamhanded way?
Or increase the 1 billion aid we've already donated?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-10-2015, 11:20 AM

Well we could stop being so suspicious and actually befriend the ones already here, the many who are born here even, we can all only do as much as we can and that's at least a start.
Why did this positive thread have to turn so ugly ? stop doing that every time something nice is said about Muslims would also be a help.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 11:32 AM

Well we could stop being so suspicious and actually befriend the ones already here, the many who are born here even, we can all only do as much as we can and that's at least a start.
Why did this positive thread have to turn so ugly ? stop doing that every time something nice is said about Muslims would also be a help.
The way I see it Julie is this....you began the thread, it's your thread.
On A N Other forum as soon as negativities began to sour it (take a look back and you can see EXACTLY where the doom merchants weighed in) that's where the mods swoop with warnings about being Off Topic.

You could request the mods here to do the same, and cart all those posts off to a negative thread of their own in order to keep yours the way it was intended.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-10-2015, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
On A N Other forum as soon as negativities began to sour it (take a look back and you can see EXACTLY where the doom merchants weighed in) that's where the mods swoop with warnings about being Off Topic.

You could request the mods here to do the same, and cart all those posts off to a negative thread of their own in order to keep yours the way it was intended.
I am not sure it would happen like that here we are expected to fight our corner ourselves it always ends badly IMO as topics are never allowed to remain positive.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

13-10-2015, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

Oh, like that is it.
A one sided discussion for a particular fan base?
I'll butt out then for those who find discussion disagreeable.
Tell you what ... if I see any of those Afghan migrants the police are looking for in my locality I'll go up and see if I can befriend one shall I and sympathise with how rough it must be back home for them.

I'm sorry .. I think that might have sounded sarcastic.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top