Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 10:23 AM

Re: The Brexit Timetable

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Two years makes me wonder how much we have wasted over the years we have been in it, how can it take that long ? I know complicated, but it really doesn't have to be we can sort the laws out we have adopted after we leave as some we need to keep and some not.
Hi

Perhaps you should be in charge Julie.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
As the boys in Hereford say 'Who dares wins' I am pleased to see Mrs May being bold and forthright in her approach and she certainly has my backing.
Yes, it is looking as though she will do what she has said she'd do. Call me a cynic, but I'll watch with interest.

I have voted for UKIP for at least the last two general elections, but I now face a bit of a quandary. Out of loyalty, and for what they (and especially Farage) have achieved, I should vote for them again next time. On the other hand, if May achieves our independence as she has promised, I feel I should vote Conservative in gratitude.

But then, it isn't quite as clear cut a decision. When the next general election comes along, the country really needs a viable opposition. I imagine that the Conservatives will get in again next time, but who will be there to oppose them? Both Labour and the Limp Dems are pretty much lost causes now. There will, I am sure, still be the usual SNP members continually pushing for Scottish independence, but who else?

In an ideal situation, I'd like to see UKIP become the official majority opposition to the Conservatives in government, but you never can tell. If things go badly, a vote for UKIP (which might otherwise have gone to the Conservatives) might actually weaken the Tory majority in parliament and the unthinkable could happen: Corbyn and his clowns could just conceivably achieve a majority.

What to do?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Perhaps you should be in charge Julie.
I'm not arrogant enough for politics, but listening to the political chats on the radio a lot of people have great ideas that could easily be used. We need to get out of this mess as soon as possible. It can be as easy or difficult as the participants want it to be. I am not holding my breath for it to be easy of quick or even to ever happen.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 11:57 AM

!

What’s the betting that like me, after reading what these mealy-mouthed Remain whingers are plotting, many of those that voted to leave will be doing a Uri Geller with their breakfast cereal spoons!

Just what is it with these cretins that they still won’t accept the will of the people?
Are they really so far up their own backsides sitting in their plush offices in Parliament that they deign to decide that they are no longer answerable and certainly uncaring of the decision taken by the majority of the electorate in a fair, democratic referendum in which the vote was taken to leave the EU dictatorship.

The disgraceful disrespect shown for that vote by such losers as Anne Soubry and Nicky Morgan, both deservedly sacked by Theresa May upon taking office and swept out along with the useless, hapless EU puppets, Call me Dave and Osborne, are still desperately trying to remain in the spotlight by becoming leading figures of the “Open Britain” campaign alongside those such as Nicola Sturgeon and the Labour party,Their sole aim of course is to hold off signing Article 50 now confirmed as March next year until the French and German elections have taken place in May and September also next year (no doubt hoping that the longer we wait, something will come along to help them with their treacherous aim in not standing up for democracy!),

They are of course also banging on about demanding that both Houses of Parliament should have a vote agreeing to Article 50 before it is instigated, obviously in the hope that the vote will go against it,(including them taking legal action) thereby forcing Theresa May to call an election. What a disgraceful act of anti-democracy by those whom are meant to be the servants of the people!
Parliament voted to hold the EU referendum, The referendum vote was to leave the EU. This decision should be respected by every single person in both Houses of Parliament.

It turns my stomach to think that elected representatives have the gall to state that “London and Manchester voted to remain and therefore that gives them a mandate to fight against us deciding our terms for staying in the single market and the ending of the freedom of movement for EU citizens”. How dare they ignore and disrespect the rest of the country that voted for just this..

Onward to freedom!!
I sincerely hope however, the electorate remember every single treacherous MP sticking two fingers up at the people of this country.

What are your views on these cretins?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 12:05 PM

Oops! sincere apologies Swimmy, didn't realise you had started a topic on same. I was so intent on sitting here, biting my tongue, concentrating on cut, copy and paste, then logging in, then finding the Brexit forum, I completely forgot to check whether someone else may have started a thread on same.

Hope I'm forgiven for stepping on your toes!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 01:33 PM

Whilst that maybe the desired time-table, I have a feeling that that may have to slip abit when our 'idiot' Foreign Secretary doesn't even know that Africa is a CONTINENT not a COUNTRY.

I wonder if he has the nous to find his way around the European Countries far less those a little further away???

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...africa-8964843
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
!

What’s the betting that like me, after reading what these mealy-mouthed Remain whingers are plotting, many of those that voted to leave will be doing a Uri Geller with their breakfast cereal spoons!

Just what is it with these cretins that they still won’t accept the will of the people?
Are they really so far up their own backsides sitting in their plush offices in Parliament that they deign to decide that they are no longer answerable and certainly uncaring of the decision taken by the majority of the electorate in a fair, democratic referendum in which the vote was taken to leave the EU dictatorship.

Onward to freedom!!
I sincerely hope however, the electorate remember every single treacherous MP sticking two fingers up at the people of this country.

What are your views on these cretins?
Okay I voted remain, and it went the other way. Fair enough, that's called democracy, and as far as I'm concerned we just get on with it. I've certainly not spent my time whinging, and I'm not a cretin for voting remain.

Now if you're talking about certain politicians not taking notice of the referendum, it doesn't surprise me at all. They're just doing what they always do. Your vote counts, just as long as it's to get them elected. They don't give a rat's arse about you or anyone else once they're in, and the referendum is no different. They continually stick two fingers up at the general populace, so why would you expect them to act any differently now? I hope that things turn out oaky, I really do, but I can't see things getting any better for people when we leave. By that I mean that the Tories were already well down the path of destroying local democracy, the NHS, and Public Services, and I don't think they'll have a change of heart because of the vote. All it will probably mean is, that once we're out they will be able speed things up and get on with the process with impunity. They would just have taken a little longer if the vote had gone the other way. We will be free from Europe, and that could well be a good thing, but we won't be free from the politicians - and that means all of them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
Now if you're talking about certain politicians not taking notice of the referendum, it doesn't surprise me at all. They're just doing what they always do. Your vote counts, just as long as it's to get them elected. They don't give a rat's arse about you or anyone else once they're in, and the referendum is no different. They continually stick two fingers up at the general populace, so why would you expect them to act any differently now? I hope that things turn out oaky, I really do, but I can't see things getting any better for people when we leave. By that I mean that the Tories were already well down the path of destroying local democracy, the NHS, and Public Services, and I don't think they'll have a change of heart because of the vote. All it will probably mean is, that once we're out they will be able speed things up and get on with the process with impunity. They would just have taken a little longer if the vote had gone the other way. We will be free from Europe, and that could well be a good thing, but we won't be free from the politicians - and that means all of them.
You know the answer, don't you? Vote UKIP!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 10:19 PM

Interesting article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...00e5804f19126?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2016, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Interesting article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...00e5804f19126?
Hi

I completely agree Clumsy, the main people in this respect are the Daily Express.

Of course some of our exporters are doing well, we are still in the EU and the £ has devalued.

It would be amazing id this were not the case.

It will be at least 30 months before we leave and the economic effects start to be known.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top