Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 12:18 PM

Re: Do you know how much Microsoft make if you cancel your ads?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If you are interested, you can pay a small subscription to this site each year and guess what? No more adds....I spend most of my computer time here so it's great value for money!...
I have every intention of doing that, Foxy, once I get my little 3 month celebration tree! As an aside - today is my 1 month anniversary here in the forum!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 12:40 PM

AdBlock does me. 90+% of sites I visit don't ask me to pause it.

And just looking at AdBlock again, it now looks different: you now have the option of clicking pause "Once" or "Always". Presumably, that means if you were visiting the DM site regularly you could get a regular migraine effortlessly.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 12:46 PM

I hate the ads on Youtube that are everywhere at the moment although I do appreciate that they pay for the programmes. Youtube itself is almost like a TV channel these days.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I hate the ads on Youtube that are everywhere at the moment although I do appreciate that they pay for the programmes. Youtube itself is almost like a TV channel these days.
The thing with Youtube is that it used to be a good revenue for long standing content creators, but now, Youtube are putting ads on all newbie videos and keeping that revenue for themselves and not the creator.

I like Youtube better than TV, in most cases. (Not the ads though.)
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 02:08 PM

I listen to old songs on youtube...doing so at this minute. yesterday there was no sound on youtube, I tried everything, nothing worked, I googled it ...I knew it wasn't my computer because windows media was playing fine. today I thought I would try updating opera...my browser, only to find that it had been automatically updated yesterday, when the problem started so I downloaded firefox to see if it would make a difference, and now youtube is fine....it was that update causing problems
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
I listen to old songs on youtube...doing so at this minute. yesterday there was no sound on youtube, I tried everything, nothing worked, I googled it ...I knew it wasn't my computer because windows media was playing fine. today I thought I would try updating opera...my browser, only to find that it had been automatically updated yesterday, when the problem started so I downloaded firefox to see if it would make a difference, and now youtube is fine....it was that update causing problems
No surprises there.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

03-03-2021, 02:24 PM

Is it usual to have weekly updates? Everytime I do one, a few days later I have a notification that another one is due.....if I try to delay it, it ends up doing it anyway regardless of what I am doing, and shutting everything down to do so! So annoying
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 02:44 PM

Pixie , I find that too, if you delay the updates they do it anyway, and I don't know much about all that technical stuff ,it was just luck that I noticed that Opera had been updated..
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 03:23 PM

Just load an ad blocker.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
AdBlock does me. 90+% of sites I visit don't ask me to pause it.

And just looking at AdBlock again, it now looks different: you now have the option of clicking pause "Once" or "Always". Presumably, that means if you were visiting the DM site regularly you could get a regular migraine effortlessly.
I use AdBlocker Ultimate. It's not often I get asked to pause it either.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top