Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 07:19 PM

Re: Help me to catch a scammer who got £50K from a widow!

All one really has to remember is don't give any details on your finances or banking details as that is all they are after. Sometimes they forget their tele number can seen on ones own phone. so easier to get caught. Beware of foreign voices or pretending to be some official . Don't dial a number they give you it more than likely is a premium call service related hookup
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I think our Twink is more than capable of dealing with a scammer and is far too clever to meet someone without everything in place.

But it is not her job! It's the fraud people's.
Why put herself at risk?

If it did turn nasty, what protection would she have? She is on her own, and he is a professional. How did he even find her?

Also, now Twink has posted her plan on the Internet, he might even be reading places like this very forum, looking for more lady victims for all you know.

Twink, I'm going to call you Miss Marples from now on.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Also, now Twink has posted her plan on the Internet, he might even be reading places like this very forum, looking for more lady victims for all you know.
Heavens, there's a thought
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 08:35 PM

But it is not her job! It's the fraud people's.
Why put herself at risk?

If it did turn nasty, what protection would she have? She is on her own, and he is a professional. How did he even find her?

Twink, I'm going to call you Miss Marples from now on.
Yes, just key the Title wording "Help me to catch a scammer who got £50K from a widow!" into search engine DuckDuckGo and there it is with exactly that wording and link to the OFF website, so easy to do.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 08:43 PM

It's very unlike Me to give advice to Anyone on here..but I suggest You have a change of mind on this one Twink...too risky for You to get involved with Someone who is potentially dangerous .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, just key the Title wording "Help me to catch a scammer who got £50K from a widow!" into search engine DuckDuckGo and there it is with exactly that wording and link to the OFF website, so easy to do.

That's a bit scary, Baz.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 09:38 PM

That's a bit scary, Baz.
Yes, apologies about that. However, it does show that anything and everything put on the internet can be easily found. These scammers know their way round the internet and new technology, they are very plausible so manage to commit the crimes they do. Twink would be better to report what she knows to date about this person to the police, see what they have to say and leave it to them. That's how I see it anyway.

This is a very evil and widespread crime, according to the link below as an example:

https://www.male-scammers.com/browse...uds.asp?page=1
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, apologies about that. However, it does show that anything and everything put on the internet can be easily found. These scammers know their way round the internet and new technology, they are very plausible so manage to commit the crimes they do. Twink would be better to report what she knows to date about this person to the police, see what they have to say and leave it to them. That's how I see it anyway.

This is a very evil and widespread crime, according to the link below as an example:

https://www.male-scammers.com/browse...uds.asp?page=1
735 pages??!!!
Baz46

08-05-2021, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
735 pages??!!!
It does seem that way, it's world-wide so that might explain the total number of individuals whose names and photographs appear. That was just the result of a search and nothing that is factually correct or proven in any way.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Was it with Kim Marsh? Most probably called For Love or Money. These are repeats and used to be shown earlier in the mornings on BBC1. I just can’t understand how stupid these people have been.
Jazzi, l would say you’re right as ‘Love Or Money’ was the first programme l thought of. I honestly don’t know how women can be taken in and then hand over all their money? It must be they are so desperate to find love and momentarily lose their mind?

£50,000? I’d say the woman got off lightly! I heard on the radio about a woman who handed over £850,000 to a man she met. He told her all sorts of lies but she was taken in.
She has now written a book about it, so may recoup some money back but in a different way.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top