Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 08:15 AM

Re: What happens if Putin attacks the Yanks.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Tessa the end of the world Is forecast on April 23 rd so I think you may be too late .
Typical! Just before my birthday too!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Typical! Just before my birthday too!
Think positive, TessA, it means you will never grow any older!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm not sure about that. I have read that big improvements have been made lately.

I do think that we, and the Yanks too if they have any sense, should keep well out of the Middle East. It is none of our business anyway, and if we are concerned about ISIS I am confident that Russia is having a much greater effect on them than we or America ever have had.
I agree. We just don't seem to learn from our mistakes. If the middle East wants to kill each other then let them. We should keep our noses out of it. I don't see why we should get involved in countries that couldn't give a toss about us anyway.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 08:38 AM

I'm wondering what the American view is, all posts have been British so far. So come on, don't let the title put you off, we are still allies.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 08:42 AM

I am horrified by all the 'talk' of what may or may not happen encouraged by a news greedy media.

It is a terrible strategy to inform your enemy of your possible intentions.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-04-2018, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am horrified by all the 'talk' of what may or may not happen encouraged by a news greedy media.

It is a terrible strategy to inform your enemy of your possible intentions.
Yes that's true Meg. Churchill would not have got very far if he had announced his intentions. Trump has said a lot of things since he has been president but most of it seems to have been hot air. Hopefully this is too.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes that's true Meg. Churchill would not have got very far if he had announced his intentions. Trump has said a lot of things since he has been president but most of it seems to have been hot air. Hopefully this is too.
Apparently Assad has started to move aircraft out of harm's way so all the talk has given him an early advantage.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 08:54 AM

Hi

Trump threatened North Korea with massive air strikes and North Korea backed down, they are now having talks.

Trump is stupid enough to think the same will happen with Putin.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
If it comes to a fight I doubt we will have the choice, JBR. Unfortunately there are still a number of USAF bases here - they would use UK as a giant aircraft carrier. Not to mention the 'listening stations' such as Menwith Hill - if I were the Russians that would be my first target - Greenham Common would be my second. UK crippled.

Our own defences have been diminished so much over the years as to be almost useless and what we do have seem to be permanently deployed elsewhere. I would not give much for our chances.
No, I think that scenario is very unlikely.

Attacking each others' forces in the Middle East is quite likely, but Russia attacking bases on our land would be a step too far.

Firstly, what would they use?

ICBMs? They are, as far as I'm aware, nuclear armed. That would initiate a nuclear exchange - everyone loses.

Bombers? The RAF, although being reduced in numbers like all of our forces, still has an effective air defence capability. The Russians are fully aware of that as they have been testing them out for years now.

Secondly, why would they do that?

Attacking bases on our homeland would result in us (and hopefully America) reciprocating in kind. Would Putin like his homeland to suffer attacks? I don't think so.

Anyway, as I have said, we should not be poking our noses in. This is none of our business.
The Yanks have more than enough capability to intervene in Syria without us and certainly without the Frogs who, let's be honest, are more than likely to wave their white 'battle ensigns' at the first threat of any trouble.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 11:35 AM

Looks like we are going in, they've moved uk submarines into the area.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top