Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
bridget
melbourne, australia
bridget is female 

04-12-2016, 01:27 AM

Re: When do you put your Christmas Tree up?

So wash the floor with PineOclean

Mine often stays up until Feb..or later.
Maybe If we invented a "taking the tree down" tradition with attendant Beer and BBQ one would have more motivation?

I love a real tree...I love them so much I once had three dead ones stacked against the back fence.

Getting rid of the old tree takes weeks in the wheelie bin
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by bridget ->
... If we invented a "taking the tree down" tradition with attendant Beer and BBQ ...

Getting rid of the old tree takes weeks in the wheelie bin
Use the tree to fuel the BBQ
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 09:13 AM

Can't be bothered, we decorate the tree in the Garden, and live out there for the festive period.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Im same Julia ,I put my white twig tree up yesterday evening and hung a few baubles on it ...it looks very pretty ,I really enjoy decorating it.
I have to string some fairy lights around a couple of trees in my front garden yet too
Here is mine
If I had fitted that Central Heating, I would have made sure them pipes were buried.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
If I had fitted that Central Heating, I would have made sure them pipes were buried.
lol spitty i live in an old council house and thats what was here when i moved here ...
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2016, 11:39 AM

Our tree usually goes up a couple of weeks before Christmas, but so far this year I havenīt really thought about it. The majority of our German neighbours have had their trees and bushes in the gardens lit up since November, our little area here already looks like fairyland, apart from our house which looks like the poor relation at the present time.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 06:42 PM

Its up! My house looks like a christmas commercial. I love it.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 06:47 PM

We are going to decorate this weekend, bit late for us , but we were away last weekend.
Love all the decorations.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 09:50 PM

I never have a set time to put a tree and decorations up. When I feel like it.
But they always come down NY day.

I always had a real tree, can't abide false ones. But this place has no room for a real tree, so when I first moved in I went against the grain and bought a false one.
It looked ok(ish), but it didn't smell. Oh how I missed the smell.

I stored it in the garage in it's box and covered it in bags. (I don't do lofts - frightened of going up in them )

Come the next year, there was no way I wanted to get it out. It would be full of spiders and probably smell damp.

So, I bought another. Again, it looked ok. But no smell.

I stored it in the garage with the other.

The following year I thought, stuff this for a bunch of soldiers, I'm not buying another one.
Eventually, I came across the smaller ones to put on tables. Quite nice and easily stored in the wardrobe.
Put loads of other decorations up, modern ones, and hang the lights over the hall mirror and that's about it now.

Oh, but I do miss the smell of pine needles ....
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
I used to know a woman who put her tree up on Xmas eve and took it down on Boxing Day together with all traces of festive stuff. She also never, ever put up any Xmas cards she received.
I have only once in the last 12 years put a Christmas tree up, or any decorations. And last year I did not put my Christrms cards out on display---this year I have not even got the heart to open any of my Christmas cards--I cannot bear the thought of people wishing me a happy Christmas--or have a wonderful time. Christmas is just not good for everyone---some of us have too many bad memories of Christmas in the past---and quite honestly if I could fast forward it I could. Last Christmas Day, i went to bed--just t0o get rid of the day,,and did not eat a thing---this Christmas I have the opportunity to help at my church on Christmas Day , by providing Christmas Lunch, and afternoon entertainment--for people who would otherwise be on their own--first time its been done,or I would have been there before now..

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top