Join for free
Page 10 of 18 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 09:31 PM

Re: Corrie upcoming spoilers page

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't remember that, although we watch every episode. Was it a long time ago?
It was a few years ago, when he was going out with Maria, she had a Chinese friend, and it turned out that she was in the country illegally, so he had a sham marriage so that she could stay, then he ended up leaving with her.

Edit my wife says his name was Graham.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 09:43 PM

No doesn't ring any bells. Of course, my memory doesn't work properly these days.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 09:48 PM

No doesn't ring any bells. Of course, my memory doesn't work properly these days.
It seems I have made a mistake, the girl that Graham left for the Chinese girl was Tina, not Maria.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 12:16 AM

I remember Graham, I was sorry he left when he did as I thought he played a good part...

http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Graeme_Proctor
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 08:13 AM

Tina's bf. Tina arranged it illegally to help her friend, but then he decided to make it legal. Tina on the rebound went off with ... I can't remember whom. The window-cleaner and the Chinese girl went off to live happily ever after (unless they come back of course).
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 08:17 AM

I thought it was amusing when the East European girl made her appearance. My wife pointed out (as if I needed reminding) that Coronation Street has just about every possibly minority with the exception of an illegal immigrant, but that has been put right now!

They're still missing an East Asian/Chinese/Japanese character, though. My prediction is that it will come!
Poland is in the EU and has been for ages so she's not an illegal immigrant, though still may have been trafficked illegally. Strange that they didn't choose a non-EU country.

They had a Polish woman in the factory before, she was sending money back for her son's education. I can't remember whether Poland was already in the EU then.
Lila
London UK

10-02-2016, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->
Could be! Not sure if she'd want to return immediately with two young children.

If she got done for manslaughter she could probably serve her sentence and return in about 5 years (soap time).
Oh, she's going ... what is she going to do, confess and commit suicide? (Poor Max and Lily)
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 10:52 AM

Yes Lila, I read she's leaving the soap and wondered how. Does this mean Gail will discover what's been underneath her bed all this time?
Lila
London UK

10-02-2016, 10:56 AM

Yes, Gail's bound to find out sooner or later, it's only a question of when. And the children!

Perhaps David will murder her to prevent her from confessing?

Anyway that house will be empty for a long time. Any survivors will have to be rehoused somewhere.

And next door?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
Poland is in the EU and has been for ages so she's not an illegal immigrant, though still may have been trafficked illegally. Strange that they didn't choose a non-EU country.

They had a Polish woman in the factory before, she was sending money back for her son's education. I can't remember whether Poland was already in the EU then.
Of course, I may have got the wrong end of the stick. I often do that.

I just wondered why she was hiding away in the factory.

Page 10 of 18 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top