Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 11:41 AM

its christmas time

illegal puppies being smuggled across the channel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-41980459
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 12:26 PM

Re: its christmas time

Originally Posted by doctor ->

So sad, poor little things. How many "Christmas puppies" will be thrown out shortly after Christmas?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 01:33 PM

This has been going on for sooo long, but no doubt does increase towards Christmas.
Some foreign vets are rogues too and it is well known that for 'a fee' they are happy to lie on the paperwork about the pups ages, and vaccinations.

Also the people this end need more training on noting obvious differences between a 4 week old baby and a 10 week old one !! They let these tiny suckling pups enter.

The system is scandalous, and many, many puppies are either dead on arrival or die soon afterwards. It makes my blood boil.

As well as the exporters and the importers, the buyers are equally to blame for not doing their homework too IMO. Without the buyers, this trade would stop.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 01:36 PM

So sad although I'm not totally against Christmas puppies I hate seeing this.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 05:38 PM

A really bad 'industry', and I hope people will adhere to the guidelines listed on the BBC link.

Apart from the puppies being taken from their mother's too soon, it seems daft the people are prepared to pay such massive amounts for these pups, without making enough enquiries first, and quite often facing high vets fees to follow.

Maybe the open doors for animals will be shut again after Bexit, and all animals have to be quarantined .

( and no live animals exported for slaughter either )
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 09:50 AM

I am suprised that cane corso pups were found as this is a prohibited breed in the UK.
What I want to know are the border people doing how is it possible to smuggle puppies into the country anyway?

This is mainly an East European racket .

Meanwhile there is a huge theft of puppies going on in the Uk
Almost all the time on Facebook one can see heart rending stories of people whose dogs or /and litters of puppies have been stolen .

The puppy market in the UK is huge .
Yet soon after people buy find they can't cope and mysteriously their child develops an 'allergy ' to the dog and it's up for sale again not quite as cute as before and already having grown to love it's first family .
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 09:59 AM

Why did you put that up without your solution to the problem?
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 10:15 AM

because I don't have a solution,,the post was to highlite the puppy trade at Christmas,ok
maybe you have something to say about it?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 10:26 AM

Easiest solution is check all cars etc arriving, it puzzles me why we don't anyway because so far we are rabies free but I know dogs come and go through the border daily with no papers no vaccinations etc
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am suprised that cane corso pups were found as this is a prohibited breed in the UK.
What I want to know are the border people doing how is it possible to smuggle puppies into the country anyway?

This is mainly an East European racket .

Meanwhile there is a huge theft of puppies going on in the Uk
Almost all the time on Facebook one can see heart rending stories of people whose dogs or /and litters of puppies have been stolen .

The puppy market in the UK is huge .
Yet soon after people buy find they can't cope and mysteriously their child develops an 'allergy ' to the dog and it's up for sale again not quite as cute as before and already having grown to love it's first family .

Yep. I agree with all that, Muddy.
I read an article a few months back where the dishonest vets abroad can earn more from completing the illegal paperwork than they do from their legitimate wages.

And the ripples spread. What conditions are the poor mothers kept in as well. Only ever taken out of their stinking cages for forced matings. Then having their puppies snatched away at 4 weeks when she is still full of milk, and forced into mating again at the first opportunity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top