Join for free
Page 126 of 370 « First < 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 10:16 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Haha. Love all your smileys, Surfermom
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 01:20 PM

Ok so after a few days break due to inclement weather here (I know it's snow excuse!) I did 30 mins detox yoga (day 9 of the challenge I posted). Feel really energised again. It's probably good to have a break if you're recovering from injury. Shoulder is far more flexible today.

Snow is melting thank goodness. Yesterday was a deluge. I did go for a very long walk in the snow yesterday. It was too slippery to drive so I had to walk to the shops and then back again (laden with shopping). It was probably a couple of miles walking altogether. In the snow that has to count for extra points!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 02:45 PM

The weather has been something else, Annie! I noticed that yoga session - It's good to hear your reports because I have tried two days of your program and am enjoying the lack of stiffness I am feeling later in the day.

In my opinion, you should get points just for walking out the front door in those conditions! Brrrrrr

Floydy, you can tell I had extra time on my hands with all those emojis...not sure that is a good sign
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 06:27 PM

Some good reports coming in just lately, and like Surfermom, I can't wait to catch up on the latest activities each morning. I'm thinking that there's more to this Yoga than I realised.... Upon my return to fitness I shall seek out a class..........Even if it's full of women........."Mrs Fox"........"Iron my shorts!"....

In the absence of a Ibuprofen last night I expected to see some progress that wasn't caused by the anti inflammatory effects of the Ibuprofen. I awoke disappointed, if anything, my buttock ached worse than usual..... So I decided that after a couple of weeks of rest, a decent repair should have been made and it was probably stiffness that was now causing the discomfort.........So to work....

I mounted the static bicycle and turned out a steady five minutes of pedaling....I followed this by getting down on my hands and knees and doing Ruthio's back exercises for five minutes.....It was while I was preparing my porridge that I realised a suppleness I had not experienced since my injury.........I was on to something......

So following lunch at a nearby Garden Centre, I braved the ice and snow and walked a mile........Although most of the ice and snow had disappeared....Early indications are:- Very encouraging......And so the Foxes recovery begins....

Annie, you certainly do get extra points for your brave expedition out into the dangerous and potentially leg braking conditions we seem to have been stuck with recently.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 07:01 PM

Wow, Im not invisible after all
Im so pleased my "cat" exercise helps Foxy, it comes from a range of stretching routines I saved in my head from a regular "better back workshop" class I attended years ago.
Its good to have a few tools of the trade to rely on during the lean times!

If the thaw continues and the weather improves I'm hoping to lead a fairly normal life next week instead of sitting by the fire like a poor old codger...my various itises have cleared up, and I have no excuse to do nothing much any more!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Wow, Im not invisible after all
Im so pleased my "cat" exercise helps Foxy, it comes from a range of stretching routines I saved in my head from a regular "better back workshop" class I attended years ago.
Its good to have a few tools of the trade to rely on during the lean times!

If the thaw continues and the weather improves I'm hoping to lead a fairly normal life next week instead of sitting by the fire like a poor old codger...my various itises have cleared up, and I have no excuse to do nothing much any more!!
Go get Em' Ruthio, there's a whole world out there waiting for you to make an impression and some memories........Then kick of your shoes, warm your bum against the fire, and write all about it on here.....

PS:- Thanks for the exercises Ruthio, I seem to be getting better as the day progresses....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Some good reports coming in just lately, and like Surfermom, I can't wait to catch up on the latest activities each morning. I'm thinking that there's more to this Yoga than I realised.... Upon my return to fitness I shall seek out a class..........Even if it's full of women........."Mrs Fox"........"Iron my shorts!"....

In the absence of a Ibuprofen last night I expected to see some progress that wasn't caused by the anti inflammatory effects of the Ibuprofen. I awoke disappointed, if anything, my buttock ached worse than usual..... So I decided that after a couple of weeks of rest, a decent repair should have been made and it was probably stiffness that was now causing the discomfort.........So to work....

I mounted the static bicycle and turned out a steady five minutes of pedaling....I followed this by getting down on my hands and knees and doing Ruthio's back exercises for five minutes.....It was while I was preparing my porridge that I realised a suppleness I had not experienced since my injury.........I was on to something......

So following lunch at a nearby Garden Centre, I braved the ice and snow and walked a mile........Although most of the ice and snow had disappeared....Early indications are:- Very encouraging......And so the Foxes recovery begins....

Annie, you certainly do get extra points for your brave expedition out into the dangerous and potentially leg braking conditions we seem to have been stuck with recently.

Lol thanks. I did nearly slip over crossing the road in my wellies and a bystander said "be careful" in a friendly way.

You would really enjoy yoga OGF. It's amazing that more men aren't into it. There are all sorts and Ashtanga is really energetic and really challenging. It's like bodybuilding without weights! The videos I post are mainly vinyasa yoga which works on generating heat and flow through a certain set of movements which get the blood pumping. You burn a lot of energy without realising. There's a bit of hatha there which is less intense but more about stretching. But the main thing is that you strengthen the core abs and other supporting muscles. The one guy on my first yoga retreat was a fitness instructor in his spare time.

You do have to be a bit careful if you have an injury. Tell the instructor and they will tell you how to modify the moves. I hope you get into it. I used to be really into running before I had just one injury too many. Yoga gives you a different kind of buzz. A better buzz in many ways.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Lol thanks. I did nearly slip over crossing the road in my wellies and a bystander said "be careful" in a friendly way.

You would really enjoy yoga OGF. It's amazing that more men aren't into it. There are all sorts and Ashtanga is really energetic and really challenging. It's like bodybuilding without weights! The videos I post are mainly vinyasa yoga which works on generating heat and flow through a certain set of movements which get the blood pumping. You burn a lot of energy without realising. There's a bit of hatha there which is less intense but more about stretching. But the main thing is that you strengthen the core abs and other supporting muscles. The one guy on my first yoga retreat was a fitness instructor in his spare time.

You do have to be a bit careful if you have an injury. Tell the instructor and they will tell you how to modify the moves. I hope you get into it. I used to be really into running before I had just one injury too many. Yoga gives you a different kind of buzz. A better buzz in many ways.
I am so excited that you know so much about yoga, Annie. You have just piqued my interest in Ashtanga as it sounds exactly like what I am looking for. I just did the next day in your series! Thank you so much!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

04-03-2018, 03:49 AM

The following is a true story. Unfortunately, there are witnesses....

Like-minded spring breakers, snowbirds, and locals all swarmed the coast today to enjoy the cobalt sky and the warm temperatures, With high tide and crowded beaches making a shoreline run tricky and the public roads to dangerous to traverse, the idea of a quiet road in the nearby national park seemed like a perfect oasis to put five miles behind me.

Cheerful and ready to go, I was back in my favorite running gear - compression shorts and tank with enough support to keep a bridge standing. Despite the reflection in the side mirror of my blindingly winter-white skin, I stretched everything that ached, brushed off my self-consciousness and took off with nothing but a few cars and trucks between me and the horizon.

This park road is a gem - barely known and part of much larger chain of parks that stretch for a hundred miles. In advance of spring, road repairs, and improvements were once again underway after damage from last year’s hurricane. Even though a few places were roped off, there was an occasional puddle of rusty clay, and barrels here and there narrowed the road, nothing was obstructive enough to making running difficult. In a half mile, I slipped into a steady rhythm and a zone of pure pleasure.

As runners tend to be keenly aware of traffic behind them and in every other direction, I heard the truck well before it approached. Even though I was running against traffic, the road was narrow, so I instinctively turned my head just as it came rumbling up behind me. In a moment of exquisite perfection, when all the demons, goblins, and likely curse of a long ago boyfriend lined up, the front driver-side tire hit a puddle of rusty water in the a wave that covered me, head to toe, with muddy water like a the spray of an elephant.

In complete shock, I came to a stop about as fast as the driver who jumped out of the truck, apologizing like he had just killed my dog. Drenched and dripping, my shock turned to near hysterical laughter as I realized that I looked something like the Phantom of the Opera with one side of me neat as a pin, and the other like the Creature from the Black Lagoon. While I was waving off the driver, telling him I was fine and just wanting to get out of there, he reached in the back of his truck for a towel and crossed the road to hand it to me.

In the meantime, kind good samaritans a few yards away were simultaneously offering help and stifling laughter, not quite knowing what to do. I accepted the towel began to dry myself off. Embarrassed with laughing exchanges with the people around me, I was too distracted to notice...

Unbelievably, the towel had white paint on it, which I was smearing in wide swaths into my hair, along my face and down my side….

The onlookers, sure I was going to blow, began to back away. In complete, stunned horror, the driver just stood there, staring at me -

a frightening mess with soaking wet hair, half-covered in mud, and smeared with white paint.

But that wasn’t the worst of it.

I had to skip my run for a slightly-needed shower.

(Edited for typos, there are probably more).
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

04-03-2018, 05:15 AM

Oh my goodness Surfermom! That is a horrible experience. I hope you were not too far from home.

Page 126 of 370 « First < 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top