Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 10:49 AM

Re: Guess What Dropped On My Doormat This Morning?!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It is only the test I am saving, Omah, nothing else!!

The bit that I'd noticed was the passage regarding the samples being received no more than 14 days after the date of the first deposit on the kit - I've always wondered whether that was an arbitrary or critical period, i.e. does the sample go "off" after a fortnight .....

Personally, I always complete my deposits ASAP .....
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 01:43 PM

I've had i think, three tests over the years. Sent them off and never had a problem.
Plenty of other things wrong with me, but my poo is fine.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 02:05 PM

I didn't expect to be sent another test kit after the age of 74,but one dropped through My letterbox on My 75th Birthday ,it's a much easier test called 'FIT' and consists of one narrow tube.....it's so much easier to use with less 'arsing about' ..results came back normal this morning..hooray
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I didn't expect to be sent another test kit after the age of 74,but one dropped through My letterbox on My 75th Birthday ,it's a much easier test called 'FIT' and consists of one narrow tube.....it's so much easier to use with less 'arsing about' ..results came back normal this morning..hooray
I've never heard of "FIT", so I went looking:

https://www.bowelcanceruk.org.uk/abo...cer/screening/

The Scottish bowel screening programme uses a test called a Faecal Immunochemical Test (FIT).

The test has a stick attached to the lid, this is used to take one small poo sample and then placed back into the tube.
That kit looks far more professional than the cardboard kits in England - if they're plastic, are they recyclable, though?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I've never heard of "FIT", so I went looking:

https://www.bowelcanceruk.org.uk/abo...cer/screening/

That kit looks far more professional than the cardboard kits in England - if they're plastic, are they recyclable, though?

The FIT kit will be used in England from April Ist think...don't know if it's recyclable though!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2018, 06:22 PM

I still haven't done one of these; I'm hoping it might have been picked up on in hospital.

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top