Join for free
Page 3 of 39 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 07:45 PM

Re: McCann family to launch new legal battle using "Find Maddie" funds.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What about the Portuguese copper? Isn't he making money out of his book sales?
Absolutely he is.
Can you imagine a failedcopper in the UK doing the same .
( and he has done it twice)
Fails to solve case so writes a book libelling parents
Without one iota of evidence says they killed their child ( accidenty and hid her body .
( with the eyes of the worlds press upon them in a country they don't know and with two babies in tow)
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 09:24 PM

I've lost track of all the details of this case but, generally speaking, I'd say funds donated to help find Madeleine or discover what happened to her should not be used for any other purpose.

If the policeman involved in the case has published or is trying to publish a book about the case, I think this should be something his government or police force should be dealing with - surely, publishing confidential information, obtained during the course of his work as a police officer, is well out of order. I don't think this should be allowed - he certainly shouldn't be allowed to profit by it.

I can understand why the McCanns want to stop him from doing that and, if he is suggesting that the parents were somehow involved in their daughter's disappearance, I would want to sue his sorry ass from here to kingdom come.

If I had donated to the Maddy Fund, which I must confess I didn't, I probably wouldn't mind the McCanns using my money to bring this ex-policeman to book.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 09:36 PM

They didn't want to sue him .
However he published his liberous book saying the child was dead and they had hidden the body .
They felt this would stop the investigation .
He lost the case and they were awarded damages and his book was suppressed .
Now the Portuguese court has reversed that decision leaving the Mcanns liable to pay all his legal fees and leaving them open to being sued by him .
To add to this he has written another book on the case.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
I've lost track of all the details of this case but, generally speaking, I'd say funds donated to help find Madeleine or discover what happened to her should not be used for any other purpose.

If the policeman involved in the case has published or is trying to publish a book about the case, I think this should be something his government or police force should be dealing with - surely, publishing confidential information, obtained during the course of his work as a police officer, is well out of order. I don't think this should be allowed - he certainly shouldn't be allowed to profit by it.

I can understand why the McCanns want to stop him from doing that and, if he is suggesting that the parents were somehow involved in their daughter's disappearance, I would want to sue his sorry ass from here to kingdom come.

If I had donated to the Maddy Fund, which I must confess I didn't, I probably wouldn't mind the McCanns using my money to bring this ex-policeman to book.
Assuming of course that the police officer is wrong?
On the other hand, if the parents had not decided to go out on the pop leaving their children alone then we wouldn't be having this discussion would we? Both parents are culpable.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

20-02-2017, 10:29 PM

So what do you do for fun Rehab?
Pull the wings off flies ?
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Assuming of course that the police officer is wrong?
On the other hand, if the parents had not decided to go out on the pop leaving their children alone then we wouldn't be having this discussion would we? Both parents are culpable.
In my opinion, it makes no difference whether this guy's suspicions are right or wrong - these allegations of his should be put to the police force in his country if he feels they should be investigated further. Otherwise, he should just keep quiet and honour the confidentiality constraints he must have had to abide by as a police officer. He should not be publishing his suspicions, based on information gathered as a police officer, in some sensational book for public consumption.

Yes, the McCanns made a big mistake in leaving their children in that way, as did all the other parents in that group, but it's something that many other parents have done in the past and now think 'There but for the grace of God go I'

I don't have children, so it's hard for me to imagine, but when the news of Madeleine's abduction first broke, quite a few people I know who had families told me that they could renember times when they had put their kids to bed in a hotel, then had dinner in the restaurant downstairs while their kids slept upstairs.
I don't suppose anyone can blame the McCanns more than they have probably been blaming themselves ever since Madeleine was taken.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 10:48 PM

The ultimate question still remains, in this tragedy who was at fault?
Edited to add: In the meantime, the police officer is making money, the McCanns are making money.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2017, 10:50 PM

The trouble is this happened in a country where they have different rules to us, here it would be against all rules to publish a book like that but from what I can make out its not uncommon in other countries for it to happen.

No good judging by our standards when the policeman is doing what is allowed in his.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

20-02-2017, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The trouble is this happened in a country where they have different rules to us, here it would be against all rules to publish a book like that but from what I can make out its not uncommon in other countries for it to happen.

No good judging by our standards when the policeman is doing what is allowed in his.
Exactly!
Boot
England

20-02-2017, 10:56 PM

Surely, the ultimate question should be about Madeleine's whereabouts now.
Until she is found, alive or not, those who love her and care about her will always want to continue searching.

Page 3 of 39 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top