Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 10:14 AM

Re: David Austin roses

Originally Posted by summer ->
Longdogs, not sure if you know but David Austin have a Facebook page where you can post any difficulties with their products and they will advise. It might be worth you telling them I know their roses are not cheap.
I have emailed them and awaiting a reply.

However, I have spotted some new shoots appearing so it looks as though they might be ok.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have emailed them and awaiting a reply.

However, I have spotted some new shoots appearing so it looks as though they might be ok.

That's good, I have some of their roses, I always look for scented continuous flowering ones...roses are my favourite flower, great that you can cut them too and have them in the house Yours sound as if they will be ok
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
That's good, I have some of their roses, I always look for scented continuous flowering ones...roses are my favourite flower, great that you can cut them too and have them in the house Yours sound as if they will be ok
That's why we like them because they do the old English scented roses.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-04-2017, 10:37 AM

An update on the David Austin roses if anyone is interested.

They have both taken well and are both about eight inches high at the moment with lots of new shoots.

Interestingly though, we visited the same nursery yesterday and the same roses are for sale much larger - about 15" but are the same price as we paid. Surely the ones we bought should have been cheaper as they were so young?

I suppose the moral of the story is to be patient. If we had waited another few weeks, our roses would have much more established.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 10:51 AM

They have both taken well and are both about eight inches high at the moment with lots of new shoots.

Interestingly though, we visited the same nursery yesterday and the same roses are for sale much larger - about 15" but are the same price as we paid. Surely the ones we bought should have been cheaper as they were so young?

I suppose the moral of the story is to be patient. If we had waited another few weeks, our roses would have much more established.
Hi LD glad to hear the roses are doing ok

I have come to the same conclusion with both strawberry and herbaceous plants . Looking around the local nursery, the same kind of plants I bought weeks ago are much further ahead than mine with the added advantage for some of having avoided slug height. Oh well I will know better in future, patience isn't my middle name
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-04-2017, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi LD glad to hear the roses are doing ok

I have come to the same conclusion with both strawberry and herbaceous plants . Looking around the local nursery, the same kind of plants I bought weeks ago are much further ahead than mine with the added advantage for some of having avoided slug height. Oh well I will know better in future, patience isn't my middle name
Me neither Meg. The idea was to get the garden started so that it would look nice for summer (the same with my new pond plants) but I should have waited. Lesson learned.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2017, 11:23 AM

I have a few DA roses and they have done well so far. I love the big old fashioned roses and only grow scented ones. I always put banana skins around the roots - someone told me at a Garden Nursery once to do that, cant remember why now
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-04-2017, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I have a few DA roses and they have done well so far. I love the big old fashioned roses and only grow scented ones. I always put banana skins around the roots - someone told me at a Garden Nursery once to do that, cant remember why now
Thanks. That's interesting, will have to look that up.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 06:21 AM

I'm glad they survived longdogs, you must post us a picture when they flower
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 06:39 AM

Hi

Slightly off topic, however if you like roses this place is ace.

https://www.countrygardenroses.co.uk/

They have some stunners.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top