Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 03:29 PM

A prelude to more attacks on disabled???

Is May and the scumbag 'nasty party' preparing the ground for further attacks on the living standards of the disabled???

Could the scumbags say f'r instance that if a disabled person can find work, they are no longer considered disabled per se and therefore no longer entitled to PIP.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8084366.html
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 03:31 PM

Re: A prelude to more attacks on disabled???

They're hoping that people will top themselves, driven crazy by worry, saving them money except it probably wouldn't.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 04:16 PM

Saw this on Breakfast News this morning. Makes me sick to see or hear anything from that bunch of horrors in power at Westminster. People say It can't get any worse. Well trust a Tory to find a way..
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 04:30 PM

Sorry UJ but I think you're trying (as usual) to present this in a different light than it is intended. I guess excess negativity is in the eye of the beholder.

We all know there are genuine disabled who can not and should not be expected to work but it seems the idea is to get a million disabled people back in to work over the next decade.

The focus is also upon mental health, and an intention to improve public awareness of it and break down employers attitudes to it .. as in 'not up to the job'.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 04:32 PM

My thought exactly Joe., remember it was Cameron / Osborne who closed the Remploy factories that employed disabled, and helped them get skills that led to some finding work, gaining confidence and pride. The camaraderie was a pleasure to witness.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
My thought exactly Joe., remember it was Cameron / Osborne who closed the Remploy factories that employed disabled, and helped them get skills that led to some finding work, gaining confidence and pride. The camaraderie was a pleasure to witness.

I know the scumbag 'nasty party' too well and know that in the fullness of time, if they're given the chance they will launch yet another attack on disabled benefits. Cynical ??? - bloody right because I've seen it all before.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Is May and the scumbag 'nasty party' preparing the ground for further attacks on the living standards of the disabled???

Could the scumbags say f'r instance that if a disabled person can find work, they are no longer considered disabled per se and therefore no longer entitled to PIP.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8084366.html
Didn’t you help people who were able to get work claim DLA ?
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 07:23 PM

Most disabled people who I know would give an arm and a leg to be back in work ( no pun intended .) What on earth is wrong with helping th genuine disabled back to work, everyone wants to feel they contribute something to our prosperity no matter how limited.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 07:55 PM

And what jobs are there for sick people who are too sick to do them anyway?

Sewing mail bags?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 08:04 PM

Hey! What's wrong with sewing mail bags?

I've sewn surgeon's gowns, chimney sweep dust covers and surgical ops cover-my-body sheets.

It pays the bills.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top