Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 10:55 AM

Re: The Centre of the Earth

Hi

However hot it may be, there is disturbing research that shows that the only noises audible down there are Ant and Dec and a constant loop of Party Political Broadcasts.

It is indeed, Hell on Earth.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

However hot it may be, there is disturbing research that shows that the only noises audible down there are Ant and Dec and a constant loop of Party Political Broadcasts.

It is indeed, Hell on Earth.
Oh my goodness - it's amazing what these scientists find out
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
It's a bit hot down there Tabby Cat. Apparently as hot as the surface of the sun. Nobody has ever invented anything which would enable investigation further than about 12 metres let alone carry anyone down there to see it. Iron seems to form the centre of the earth, although it is not certain how it got there. It's hot beyond imagination - and the devil lives there There is no way I want to go down for a visit - I don't think there are return tickets
Little link for some information.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/201...entre-of-earth
Apparently caused by a combination of heat and pressure caused by the Earth's mass which causes atoms to fuse and merge into different elements finally ending up with iron because the Earth's mass is finite. Eventually, in a few billion years, all that will be left of the Earth will be a huge steel ball floating in space unless the Sun gets to us first.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 05:46 PM

That's a disturbing thought - it won't happen before Christmas - will it?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That's a disturbing thought - it won't happen before Christmas - will it?

Depens on whether the Indonesian Volcano kicks off big time!!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
It's a bit hot down there Tabby Cat. Apparently as hot as the surface of the sun. Nobody has ever invented anything which would enable investigation further than about 12 metres let alone carry anyone down there to see it. Iron seems to form the centre of the earth, although it is not certain how it got there. It's hot beyond imagination - and the devil lives there There is no way I want to go down for a visit - I don't think there are return tickets
Little link for some information.
The deepest man has ever gone is a little over 2 miles - rather more than your 12 metres!

Even so, that's a very small fraction of the thickness of the crust, and the crust is tiny compared to the whole of the Earth. There's no way that anyone would ever get anywhere near to the core and even if they did they'd be dead long before they got near to it.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The deepest man has ever gone is a little over 2 miles - rather more than your 12 metres!

Even so, that's a very small fraction of the thickness of the crust, and the crust is tiny compared to the whole of the Earth. There's no way that anyone would ever get anywhere near to the core and even if they did they'd be dead long before they got near to it.
And if the heat didn't get them, the pressure would.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 10:05 PM

Trump
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Trump
Pardon? There is a time and place for stuff like that
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 11:32 PM

Ooo I dunno, but judging by this, I don't think I wanna go there in a hurry. Looks pretty scary!...

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top