Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 10:56 PM

Re: How To Avoid Speeding Fines.

One of the advantages of being over 70 is that I don't find speed limits a challenge any more. Not that I have ever been booked for speeding or indeed any motoring or parking offence (yet).
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Same here Susan....38mph in a 30mph section that was 40mph just a few weeks earlier.....Blokes like the one who took down Mups's wall in an uninsured motor and shouldn't even have been on the road in the first place get ff scot free....

At the time I was earning £5 per hour minimum wage , they fined me £60 and the admin fee from insurance company was £30, so my £90, fine was huge , as I said I'm now totally paranoid and watch the speedometer constantly .
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
There’s no excuse for breaking the speed limit, around here there are camera vans everywhere, just hiding around the corner, all it takes is a momentary lapse in concentration and they’ve got you, there aren’t many patrol cars on the roads, instead they rely on the mobile vans, which never catch the dangerous drivers, in my case I was just over the limit by 1mph, in a van that is classed as a commercial vehicle, even though most vans have a car version of it ( extra seats and windows) the speed camera or safety camera vans are purely there to raise revenue.
If you were only 1mph over the limit then you must have been in a busy area, or your speedo was wrong. If neither then I would have contested the case to find out why the 10% rule was not implied
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Not from me Norway.......Rules is Rules......
I agree , but it seems to be a challenge for some to break the rules. It is no different here except that less people do it and also taking into account that the Max . speed on any road is
49mph, and the general limit is 44mph and also maybe because the penalties are higher.

As I said oh there is a rule , dont like that and it doesnt apply to me so i can do what I like . I wonder how that fits in with their intelligence, surerley there are not that many thickos
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 10:36 AM

Hi

It only takes planning, allow plenty of time for your journey and no need to speed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 11:31 AM

I have only had one speeding fine and that was because they changed the speed limit on a stretch of road I used every morning from 40 to 30 overnight. Then they cunningly positioned themselves at the end of it to get all the nasty speeders. I got caught doing 35.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 11:50 AM

Im free from guilt..............I have a bus pass.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 11:53 AM

There used to be a sneaky camera right at the end of the M11, or rather just as you come off the M11 that was a real good money spinner.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 11:55 AM

Also don't forget you can be fine as a moving traffic obstruction if you drive too slowly
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Also don't forget you can be fine as a moving traffic obstruction if you drive too slowly
True. I once saw an elderly couple pulled over for driving too slow. Btw, what happened to minimum speed limit signs?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top