Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 11:10 AM

Re: Cannabis Oil

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Some producers and sellers of cannabis oil products were on Dragons Den recently, they didn't get an investment because of the way the business was structured. People will buy it, many will buy anything if the advertising is good.

The oil contains only certain compounds from the cannabis plant and they are not illegal to produce.

No I won't be buying it, I think most things rubbed on the skin are a waste of money, they are not on there long enough and don't penetrate the skin sufficiently to do anything and this was demonstrated on a medical program recently. However the placebo effect can be useful, if you think something is doing you good it can make you feel better.

The things shown to have an effect are massage and the use of heat and cold.
Meg I have to disagree there I am deadly allergic to anti inflammatories taken internally so my GP got me some ibuprofen in gel form to see if I could use that externally. It's made an enormous effect on my inflammatory pain, make back of my legs and knees much easier to walk on.

I was dubious at first but it really works.

So I can't see why this couldn't work too.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 10:21 AM

I belong to a Rheumatoid & Arthritis internet group and many overseas members use Cannabis Oil and post how effective it is for pain relief. Taken internally, not an external rub. Given that I cannot take any form of anti-inflammatories due to an hiatus hernia, I would most certainly give the cannabis oil a try. Anything, if it would help my mobility. Yesterday I could do nothing because of an arthritis flare, for which I could only take paracetamol which is useless.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 10:52 AM

Is this the same oil that that little boy needs for his epilepsy?
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 11:13 AM

Yes, it is.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 11:34 AM

Why can't his parents get it over the counter?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Why can't his parents get it over the counter?
They may be in same position we are with grace, there is an over the counter drug proven in some countries to help her problems but if we give it and are caught NHS wipe their hands of her treatment as we are not following their regime. It can end in child being removed from your care too.

So you have to just do what the NHS tell you.

If I had a penny for every person in that position it's be moderately wealthy. Cancer treatments, epilepsy so many others all have natural or other prescribed treatments by NHS only fund a few.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well blow me! Just two days ago my friend said she had got some of this too, from H & B, because of her awful ongoing back pain.
Will you let us know if it did your friend any good please Mups.

I'm considering it for the trochanteric bursitis in my thigh.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 03:07 PM

Sons friend bought some to help with pain he stopped after a week saying it made him feel sick .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 06:39 PM

I think if I had an illness like Ataxia or MS or where i was in tremendous pain I would give it a try, I think it would be worth trying if it meant it may take some of your pain away where other pain drugs aren't helping.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top