Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 09:53 AM

The cost of austerity

By artificially holding down wages and salaries in the public sector for the past eight years, this is the effect of it - an increase in public sector workers seeking help from food banks as their wages and salaries fail to keep pace with inflation. This is a deliberate attack on the working class by the scumbag 'nasty party'!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8225061.html
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 09:56 AM

Re: The cost of austerity

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
By artificially holding down wages and salaries in the public sector for the past eight years, this is the effect of it - an increase in public sector workers seeking help from food banks as their wages and salaries fail to keep pace with inflation. This is a deliberate attack on the working class by the scumbag 'nasty party'!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8225061.html
YAWN, give it a rest!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:00 AM

Biggest cost is people have lost their lives Uj as I know you know. But the yawn from T rather explains why that's happening, I'm alright Jack is alive and kicking those below them on the pay scale. Disgusting attitude really.

I'm collecting tins for next trip to food bank I think if we all helped in some way it may make a small difference.

I've given up emailing my MP he either is blind and doesn't see it happening or simply doesn't care enough to stand up and comment. Either way I'm happy I never voted for him at least he's not my fault.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:07 AM

The public sector has done alright since Labour's great recession compared to the private sector, for the necessary austerity to bring us back from the brink of bankruptcy has affected everyone. Although it is hard to call it austerity really as even now, eight years on, borrowing still exceeds earnings.

I saw this on the BBC so thought you should see it:

Reality Check: Is public sector pay higher than private sector? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40480766
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:14 AM

Many in both private and public sector are on nmw Barry so it's very hard to say either is worse these days.
Only way public sector is better off is other conditions like pensions etc
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Many in both private and public sector are on nmw Barry so it's very hard to say either is worse these days.
Only way public sector is better off is other conditions like pensions etc
Yes Julie, but I was just making the point that it isn't only the public sector that has suffered, many small companies went out of business and many workers in small companies went without a pay rise for many years just to help keep their companies going. The pain of the recession and the required austerity to recover from it has been felt by everyone who works for a living, public and private...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2018, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
The public sector has done alright since Labour's great recession compared to the private sector, for the necessary austerity to bring us back from the brink of bankruptcy has affected everyone. Although it is hard to call it austerity really as even now, eight years on, borrowing still exceeds earnings.

I saw this on the BBC so thought you should see it:

Reality Check: Is public sector pay higher than private sector? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40480766
So if finances are as bad as you seem to portray Barry, explain why your scumbag representatives, voted to reduce higher taxes, and have given huge handouts to the upper echelons and their cronies???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-02-2018, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Yes Julie, but I was just making the point that it isn't only the public sector that has suffered, many small companies went out of business and many workers in small companies went without a pay rise for many years just to help keep their companies going. The pain of the recession and the required austerity to recover from it has been felt by everyone who works for a living, public and private...
That's very true but I don't think it takes away from the fact our public services our nurses who we should treasure are having to go to food banks. It wasn't long ago it was homeless people using them, now its people working.

There is austerity that keeps our wages down and then there is this that means decent hard working people can't afford to feed themselves. And that shouldn't be happening.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

27-02-2018, 10:32 AM

I can't imagine working people not being able to feed themselves unless they are making some very poor choices in their lives, and as for nurses their pay seems pretty good to me...

"Fully qualified nurses start on salaries of £22,128 rising to £28,746 on Band 5 of the NHS Agenda for Change Pay Rates. Salaries in London attract a high-cost area supplement. With experience, in positions such as nurse team leader on Band 6, salaries progress to £26,565 to £35,577."
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

27-02-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So if finances are as bad as you seem to portray Barry, explain why your scumbag representatives, voted to reduce higher taxes, and have given huge handouts to the upper echelons and their cronies???
Once again your portray your complete economic illiteracy. Taxes have been eased on all levels of earners particularly the lower paid, millions of whom have been taken out of tax altogether.

A low tax economy always produces more revenue because it gives incentive to work harder and earn more. This is all pretty basic stuff and something your left wing dogma will never be able to comprehend or accept, because all you care about is punishing those who do better than you, even if it is financially inept. The epitomy of left wing spitefulness unfortunately...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top