Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 08:24 PM

Re: what is editing and what is adjustment ?

so what does one do when getting bored ? something like this maybe

maybe not
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 08:43 PM

I'd be very proud of that!
I've spent hours messing about with lights, mirrors, bits of old clocks, making snow villages, setting up "still life", looking for stuff on the ground (even Manhole covers a la Corbyn).
I very seldom get bored, most of it is rubbish but, hobbies are fun!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:00 PM

Personally I think there should be no rules. It still boils down to the skill of the photographer to capture a good shot whatever camera they use. A photograph that has been 'Worked' for the best effect might not appeal to everyone who votes. Sometimes 'Less is more'.....
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Personally I think there should be no rules. It still boils down to the skill of the photographer to capture a good shot whatever camera they use. A photograph that has been 'Worked' for the best effect might not appeal to everyone who votes. Sometimes 'Less is more'.....
Less is more?

You can say that again!

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Less is more?

You can say that again!

Less is more........
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 06:08 AM

Hi

I have a Sony Bridge Camera.

I just put it on automatic and take a photo.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 08:26 AM

My thoughts are that the monthly competition is for the amateur "point and shoot" snapper rather for the more avid photographer who feels the need to "perfect" the shot later.

I would make the point that there are many superb photographers on this forum who regularly post their work and it is great to see their shots, but to me it would seem unfair competition to mix the two categories of photographer. But why not then, if there is enough interest, set up your own competition for images that have been post edited for the photographers that prefer to do that?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 08:28 AM

With a touch of bokeh, photos in the rain can be quite lovely.

I think it's got to the point where everyone has a good enough camera these days; the hard part is in determining what settings/adjustments to make before, during and after taking the picture.

I'll never forget my first proper "camera" phone - a Nokia 6630 in 2005. It had a 1 million pixel lens and was among the first phones to play music. I kept it for around 3 years, too.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 09:48 AM

That's the word I was looking for bokeh!

I started a "challenge" thread with a different subject every few days for everyone.
It's around here somewhere...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 04:13 PM

Barry I shoot in RAW and your competition doesn't allow for RAW files to be changed to Jpeg which allows them to go as comp entries. it states only cropping allowed.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top