Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 08:47 PM

Re: Benefit sanctions yellow card scheme.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Attack the post,not the Poster.
And "Aside from our resident dinosaur Commie (with rusty picket line knuckle dusters) and our embittered EU sycophant" is attacking the post and not the poster?

Of course it's not, it was direct personal attack, but no stern words of admonishment from you. Double standards.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
The British are not all Brexiters, thank God. The Remainers will win despite thrown over the cliff by the Brexiteers and seeing the things they are most proud of in their country exploited and degraded by Brexiteer ideology. The EU will have the decency to let us back in, although we don't deserve it. I am grateful for my fellow Remain voters for helping me keep my faith in human nature.

Remember... before any bitchy Trump like little trotters hit the keyboard....mimicry is easy plaigiarising and not a flattery at all.

You do make me heave.
I look forward to seeing rather a lot of egg on certain people's faces in a few years' time!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2018, 10:15 PM

The British are not all Brexiters, thank God. The Remainers will win despite thrown over the cliff by the Brexiteers and seeing the things they are most proud of in their country exploited and degraded by Brexiteer ideology. The EU will have the decency to let us back in, although we don't deserve it. I am grateful for my fellow Remain voters for helping me keep my faith in human nature.

Remember... before any bitchy Trump like little trotters hit the keyboard....mimicry is easy plaigiarising and not a flattery at all.
Plagiarism is the nicking of someone's ideas and presenting them as their own. Seriously, do you honestly believe anyone would want to nick your ideas? They'd be too ashamed to.
Whereas mimicry is the action or skill of imitating someone or something, especially in order to entertain or ridicule.

Did you not find it entertaining my petulant child?

You do make me heave.
I do? I must try harder.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 12:00 AM

If you want to have a private conversation with the Scottish members, why not do it in a PM? Posts in a public forum are open to all and there was nothing in your post to suggest you were addressing specific people so I didn't "butt in" as you so offensively put it.

You never had any genuine curiosity to extend, you were just stirring and having a pop.

The Scots can't win, they're in trouble either way. Dragged over the cliff by the Brexiteers, national resources plundered and exploited by the English, yet I don't think they are big enough to thrive alone or that the EU would take them back separately. A no win situation that they are right to be angry about. But I'm grateful for the way their votes may save us from Tory government.
I had to chuckle at your last sentence twizzle. It was Scottish voters that kept the Tories in power.
http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/09/a-tale...ories-6698121/
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Plagiarism is the nicking of someone's ideas and presenting them as their own. Seriously, do you honestly believe anyone would want to nick your ideas? They'd be too ashamed to.
Whereas mimicry is the action or skill of imitating someone or something, especially in order to entertain or ridicule.

Did you not find it entertaining my petulant child?

I do? I must try harder.
No, I found it crass, smug and self-satisfying, as I do the rest of your posts. Yes, you try to ridicule, but only your suck up cronies pretend to find you entertaining.

Calling me petulant and a child are just more sad examples of trying to appear superior and belittle someone who dares to disagree with you. And as for trying harder, you really couldn’t try any harder to get attention, could you? Forum goddesses like to be noticed, don’t they?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Morti, The Tories are hated and I mean hated by most in Scotland. Thanks to Thatcher and her trying out the Poll Tax on us and causing general havoc. it's gone from bad to worse ever since. They have never been forgiven. Don't get me wrong there are some Tory Lovers here but they are mostly the Land Owners who want to keep their dosh hidden with no questions asked. Under the Tories that's what happens. Your right Nicola is very quiet at the moment, don't know why but no doubt we'll find out soon enough.
As for Indy 2. It would be best IMO, BUT, so many are scared and seem to have no faith in themselves anymore. The so called Vow that was shoved down our throats was also believed, but it was soon shown up for what it was....A load of Havers. There's a big movement for another Ref but Herself won't hold it till she's sure we will win. I know Scotland will be Independant at some point, I just hope I'm around to see it happen.
I really don't see why Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and England can't stay united but all take charge of our own Countries and come together with Westminster in times of disaster, war or stuff like that.
I think there is some change in the Scottish mindset as time distances us from the Thatcher years and the SNP's 10 year stint in office hasn't materially changed life for the better for most Scots.
Giving away a few freebies, such as prescriptions and tuition fees, which disproportionately help the middle classes is hardly revolutionary.
The Scottish political elite are very controlling and paternalistic and to an non conformist such as I, that is suffocating.
My message to the SNP is fix the potholes, train more nurses and stop trying to micro manage my life or claiming to speak for 'Scotland'!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I think there is some change in the Scottish mindset as time distances us from the Thatcher years and the SNP's 10 year stint in office hasn't materially changed life for the better for most Scots.
Giving away a few freebies, such as prescriptions and tuition fees, which disproportionately help the middle classes is hardly revolutionary.
The Scottish political elite are very controlling and paternalistic and to an non conformist such as I, that is suffocating.
My message to the SNP is fix the potholes, train more nurses and stop trying to micro manage my life or claiming to speak for 'Scotland'!
The impression I get is that the SNP are interested only in Scotland rather than the whole of the UK. Perhaps that's natural, but I'm sure they'd much rather that Scotland was an independent country.

Yet in the last independence referendum, the majority of Scots voted to remain in the Union.

Presumably, these are the same people.

It would be nice if we could all regard ourselves as one single country: the UK, and all pulled together for the common good.

Yes, I admit that I joke about Southerners and Lankies, but my real feelings are that all British people should be treated equally and, ideally, get along with each other.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top