Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 08:33 PM

Day in Hospital

I had a terrible night,just couldnt get my breath,Inhalers didnt work. Tried to lay down,got up & came downstairs,back to bed ,open window & lean out,Eventually I had enough ,Id been told if my inhalers didnt work to ring for an ambulance,so Idid. What a performance,ambulance crew asked if I could walk to ambulance [ outside the house they said]blooming thing was across the road, then I had to pull myself up ambulance steps,Arrived at Hospital 3 am & ,expected to climb down steps again & walk into A&E,then I had to sit on a hard chair,take my turn with others,wheezing, s.o,b before being called to a cubicle, but as I went to stand up I felt dizzy,panic stations, chair was found for me,I was wheeled into a cubicle & helped onto a trolley.However after a nurse inserted a canula & took BP.I was wheeled back out to corridor again to wait for a Dr. I dont know if this is a new thing at my Hospital,on previous trips there the ambulance crew always carried me out in a chair & I have been wheeled straight into a cubicle ,I spent the day on a trolley & returned home at 2.45 .They said it was Asthma but I dont know any Asthma that lasts all the day.I have a breathing programme to follow now & [ironically]] told if Im bad again ring for an ambulance
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 09:28 PM

Re: Day in Hospital

You were unlucky!
I was taken to hospital with a suspected heart attack a few years back. The crew wouldn't let me find shoes and I had to walk in socks in the snow, then the heater was to hot on my back I nearly passed out. I managed to slide my socks off and throw them into my bag.
They're not gentle some of these people!

Hope you get well soon x
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 10:02 PM

Oh dear deylon...that wasn't a very nice experience at all. How are you feeling now?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 10:35 PM

Sorry to hear. HOpe you are feeling better now.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I had a terrible night,just couldnt get my breath,Inhalers didnt work. Tried to lay down,got up & came downstairs,back to bed ,open window & lean out,Eventually I had enough ,Id been told if my inhalers didnt work to ring for an ambulance,so Idid. What a performance,ambulance crew asked if I could walk to ambulance [ outside the house they said]blooming thing was across the road, then I had to pull myself up ambulance steps,Arrived at Hospital 3 am & ,expected to climb down steps again & walk into A&E,then I had to sit on a hard chair,take my turn with others,wheezing, s.o,b before being called to a cubicle, but as I went to stand up I felt dizzy,panic stations, chair was found for me,I was wheeled into a cubicle & helped onto a trolley.However after a nurse inserted a canula & took BP.I was wheeled back out to corridor again to wait for a Dr. I dont know if this is a new thing at my Hospital,on previous trips there the ambulance crew always carried me out in a chair & I have been wheeled straight into a cubicle ,I spent the day on a trolley & returned home at 2.45 .They said it was Asthma but I dont know any Asthma that lasts all the day.I have a breathing programme to follow now & [ironically]] told if Im bad again ring for an ambulance
Welcome to the club darlin'. You probably have either Emphysema or Pulmonary Fibrosis or combination of both like me. You will be given a number of different inhalers to try out, to determine which one is best for you.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 09:00 PM

What a terrible experience for you - I hope your chest improves.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 09:37 PM

A nurse visited today ,she said I MAY HAVE COPD but only MIGHT.someone is coming again tomorrow so Im going to ask how I will find out for sure. I will ask about emphysema& PULMONARY FIBROSIS as mentioned here
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 09:43 PM

It may help to write down what you want to know beforehand.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:49 AM

Oh poor you Deylon.
Let us know what they say to you today. x
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
A nurse visited today ,she said I MAY HAVE COPD but only MIGHT.someone is coming again tomorrow so Im going to ask how I will find out for sure. I will ask about emphysema& PULMONARY FIBROSIS as mentioned here

To determine either or both of these, you'll need to perform a 'lung function' test which will mean you blowing into a tube connected to a machine darlin'. The test lasts approximately 30 minutes during which there are several tests, all of which means you have to breathe into this tube and machine - good luck darlin', I hope you don't have either of these ailments!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top