Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 12:56 PM

Saudi protest march

Anyone from the forum attend this protest???

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8244861.html
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 01:00 PM

Re: Saudi protest march

Hi

Absolutely not me.

If the IRA leaders came here, I would be first in the Queue.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 01:03 PM

Are these the same people who made such a song and dance about Donald Trump's proposed visit?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 03:01 PM

I would have been there if I had been able to, on International Women's Day
Not only are they responsible for human rights abuses capital punishment and executing 158 people in 2015 and 154 in 2016 and attacking Yemen, but also supplying rebels in Syria with arms and ammunition since 2012. I believe they are the 'Dark Lords' acting for others as much as themselves. We hear enough about human rights issues in Iran and Syria given as reason for war, but hey Saudi are the worst of all. Not a mention of retribution given to them, because they side with the big boys...
I don't know much about the Yemen and the reasons for the very bad situation there, but the Syrian situation in which they have been complicit , is beyond reproach. We all know where Al Qaeda originated, and they still support rebels .

To think that there are millions of people displaced because of this war, in camps which the West including the UK are supporting financially, and all for what ?
Oil and gas.....

Add to that the financing of the Wahhabi Islam rules and the supplying of Imams to this country has to be stopped. The fact that the politics and religion are one in Saudi Arabia is not for import , and that should not be brought to this country.
They own masses of properties and businesses here in London that are left empty and force the property prices and living prices up for the Brits .

Damn right I would have been there... I bet there is little to no news about this visit on the BBC . The ones we pay our license fee to.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 03:05 PM

Would have liked to have been but no time I'm afraid.

Makes me laugh though how many want to protest at trump but are happy to see real despots visit us.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 03:39 PM

You cannot change the culture of another country just because it's different to your own, the west has been trying to do just that for at least a century in the Middle East and look what an absolute mess it is in partly thanks to our meddling.

As it happens though this latest Saudi Prince is something of a reformer, and we should perhaps be offering him encouragement in his reforms rather than trying to castigate him for the sins of his fathers.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 03:47 PM

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 04:11 PM

We sell weapons of war to many countries so why should we single out Saudi? We ourselves are not a peaceful nation as proven in recent years, so aren't we being rather hypocritical here... ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 04:15 PM

Hi

The IRA have killed many more innocents here in the UK than Saudi have.

Corbyn invited the IRA to the House of Parliament.

Double Standards.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
We sell weapons of war to many countries so why should we single out Saudi? We ourselves are not a peaceful nation as proven in recent years, so aren't we being rather hypocritical here... ?
The Tories are screaming abuse at Corbyn for supporting terrorists, mind you ive not seen him selling arms But i dont wear blue goggles or red ones its double standards Barry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top