Join for free
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 06:08 PM

Visit to the opticians.

Went for my yearly eye test today, and two more conditions to add Blepharitis, and Charles Bonnet syndrome.

The first can be treated not cured, the second is doozy not harmful but interesting.

Need brand new glasses, but have to wait until eye hospital starts treatment, as timescales and improvements vary greatly.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 06:29 PM

Re: Visit to the opticians.

Never heard of those conditions before Nom, but good luck, hope your eyes get better.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 06:46 PM

My hospital eye checkup is now about 5 weeks overdue and no indication when it will be
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 11:32 PM

Oh dear Nom, a couple more things to add to your problems.
I have had Blepharitis come and go, and I have a padded eye mask thingy (think I got it from Specsavers), and I microwave it for about half a minute and then relax with the warm mask over my eyes for about 5 mins.
Afterwards I bathe my eyelids with very warm water, put some drops in, and it feels very much better.

The other condition I have never heard of, so I googled it.
Sounds very strange and unpleasant.
Hope you can get it sorted soon Nom.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 12:41 AM

I hope you can get your eyes sorted out to make them more comfortable for you Nom ... you are certainly going through a lot
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 04:31 AM

Hi

My Eye Clinic Appointment was delayed until the 20th of April.

There is no way I was going to wait until then and be unable to drive.

It is costing the NHS a fortune in Patient Transport.

I went to Specsavers, free Eye Test and fit to drive.

I need new varifocals, but so what, I can afford them.

There is something very wrong with the System.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:22 AM

Hope you both get better soon.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh dear Nom, a couple more things to add to your problems.
I have had Blepharitis come and go, and I have a padded eye mask thingy (think I got it from Specsavers), and I microwave it for about half a minute and then relax with the warm mask over my eyes for about 5 mins.
Afterwards I bathe my eyelids with very warm water, put some drops in, and it feels very much better.

The other condition I have never heard of, so I googled it.
Sounds very strange and unpleasant.
Hope you can get it sorted soon Nom.
Yes ive read about the mask so i will be be seeking out a mask, but in the meantime i will try the bathing in warm water and Tea Tree Oil. The Optitiann does believe he can improve my sight, and i hope the Eye injections will halt the Macular oedema and shrink it.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 02:08 PM

The Tea Tree Essential Oils is very good Nom, I used just now in the Bath.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top