Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 10:44 AM

Poor material by Nikon

This is the zoom rubber cover for my Nikon 24-70mm Lens.

The material Nikon use is in my opinion not of a good quality as it expands too easily. had the same problem with the camera body part grip on my Nikon D300. That had to be replaced as well some time ago.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 11:37 AM

Re: Poor material by Nikon

Very poor material selection. I have some 20 years old lenses with rubber sleeves in perfect condition. Will you return the unit to Nikon ?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Very poor material selection. I have some 20 years old lenses with rubber sleeves in perfect condition. Will you return the unit to Nikon ?
No it is a £5 replacement part already ordered. This is not the first time this has happened with this material. I have a Nikon d300 and the same thing with the hand grip on the body which has the red flash strip on it. that stretched some time ago and i had to replace that.
For the cost of these lenses £1000/£2000 you would have thought Nikon could do a little better.

It is a common problem with nikon, 3rd party replacements are a lot better
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

21-03-2018, 01:57 PM

Just received new focus ring grip and what a difference compared to the Nikon original. the amount it had stretched measured against the new one is shown here, the pin marks how much.

Totally unacceptable in my opinion
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

21-03-2018, 02:28 PM

even the part your hand goes on has more depth and grip , compare with original above

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top