Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 04:32 PM

Re: Wine Horse running, Caravaca de la Cruz

The costumes are fantastic and the colours are wonderful but the horses seemed stressed to me.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
The costumes are fantastic and the colours are wonderful but the horses seemed stressed to me.
I'm sure all animals that are surrounded by people and paraded around must get stressed Cass. It's a long, and I would imagine stressful, day for the horses. Their day finishes after they have done their short run up the castle drive. At least nobody is whipping them to go faster and they are not forced to jump over obstacles they don't want to, they just have the crowds and the noise to contend with one day each year.

The big Andalusian horse that Tiffany mentioned, is so laid back about it all it's untrue. It follows it's owner everywhere she goes, no lead rope, nothing, it just follows after her like a well behaved dog
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 06:24 PM

Thanks for the beautiful photos Clumsy. I have seen a film of these running horses and I understand that the cameraman said he didn't feel very safe.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2016, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Thanks for the beautiful photos Clumsy. I have seen a film of these running horses and I understand that the cameraman said he didn't feel very safe.
I can well understand that Twink. I will never again go to the castle to watch the run, it really is dangerous, no wonder they have a fleet of ambulances standing by ! The peņas for each horse stand in the middle of the road shouting for their horse, then at the very last second jump back to the sides and itīs like dominoes with up to six rows of people watching, all get pushed back when the supporters jump to the side. Itīs really scary. Safe enough in the town though and you can see the horses doing their stuff on any number of huge screens around the town and in every bar and restaurant. Itīs a brilliant day though, wonderful atmosphere and something you wonīt see anywhere else.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top