Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 09:32 PM

Haircuts, again.

Hi

I need one but cannot get one.

It is annoying.

In hospital I was shaved, and that was a revelation.

I have been doing it wrong all my life.

I am a bleeder, on blood thinners, and NHS Razors are horrible.

Conah, a young female Army Medic gave me a shave.

She wetted the face and then spent ages massaging the shaving soap into the skin.

I did not get cut once and the shave was amazing.

You live and learn
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 09:34 PM

Re: Haircuts, again.

I long for the hairdressers to open again, I can’t wait much longer or no-one will recognise me!
Tubby
East Anglia
Tubby is male 

16-02-2021, 09:36 PM

Just get one of those hair buzzers and give yourself a number 2 or 3. I think it's 9mm I use.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 09:58 PM

Mrs. mart used to be a hairdresser so I get a haircut when she can face doing it. She can't do her own hair though. I have to do that.

We did each other's hair on Monday. I managed to cut about 4 inches off the length her hair. I was able to make a reasonable job of it using this clamp. Just clamp it on and cut off the hair below it.

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tubby ->
Just get one of those hair buzzers and give yourself a number 2 or 3. I think it's 9mm I use.
I gave myself a No.4 this morning. Not all over, just the sides, and snipped the top. Women look cool with short hair, I have decided
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Mrs. mart used to be a hairdresser so I get a haircut when she can face doing it. She can't do her own hair though. I have to do that.

We did each other's hair on Monday. I managed to cut about 4 inches off the length her hair. I was able to make a reasonable job of it using this clamp. Just clamp it on and cut off the hair below it.

Is that a spirit level on the front?
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 10:19 PM

Never been to a hairdresser for years. I cut my own, well what I have got left.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Is that a spirit level on the front?
It is but it twists around. I suppose that's so it's possible to cut hair at different angles. To have it level, the clamp has to be stood on a level surface and then twist the spirit level until the bubble sits right.

Then all Mrs. mart has to be is level-headed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
It is but it twists around. I suppose that's so it's possible to cut hair at different angles. To have it level, the clamp has to be stood on a level surface and then twist the spirit level until the bubble sits right.

Then all Mrs. mart has to be is level-headed.
I was thinking that. If Mrs Mart was leaning to one side slightly, it could turn into a disaster.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

16-02-2021, 10:35 PM

Luckily, it turned out OK and she is still talking to me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top