Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 01:44 AM

Re: Health warnings about alcohol

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Alcoholics with dementia are no fun!
I don't want to be dealing with either disease.
I'll stick with tea

I'm weird enough as it is!
Ditto.
I’m not against alcohol at all but choose not to drink cause I’m weird enough as is also. I ‘like’ that answer.
Jack Dawkins
London
Jack Dawkins is male  Jack Dawkins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 09:56 AM

Is this the secret of happiness, health and a long life? Oxford professor of evolutionary psychology argues alcohol has been key to mankind's survival and success

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-success.html

It's OK today. Open another bottle.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 04:19 PM

Beer is my preference. I have 5 pints of a 5% vol. beer a week, spread out over the week. I've been doing this since the doctor told me to drink lots of liquid (beer not excluded) after having a kidney chopped out about 32 years ago. I took him at his word.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 05:04 PM

apparently the latest "research" ??? - coming out of the traps of the www is that after extensive international research on a grand scale ' even low levels of alcohol use - say one drink a day - or even 1 drink a week! cannot be recommend as safe drinking - wot codswollop - and the world will hold it's breathe will it? - I doubt it!

I can find you a link if anyone wants to be pedantic - but to me it's all rather academic as the world will simple ignore this 'advice' as spurious and continue to take the advice of no less a saint as St Paul who said " a little wine is beneficial for upset stomachs" or words to that effect!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Beer is my preference. I have 5 pints of a 5% vol. beer a week, spread out over the week. I've been doing this since the doctor told me to drink lots of liquid (beer not excluded) after having a kidney chopped out about 32 years ago. I took him at his word.
My Dad was given the same advice when he lost a kidney in his 40's.

He asked the consultant "can I still have a pint?" The consultant answered "Well old man, you've got to keep it flushed" with a huge wink

Seriously, I don't drink, haven't done since I got so poleaxed on my 30th birthday I pulled all the muscles in my chest after the good old technicolour yawn

But I'm sure alcohol in moderation does little harm, a little of what you fancy does you good, or so I'm told

It's only when drinking gets out of hand it becomes a problem. And also driving. Don't drink and drive, you'll spill it
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Nanny state bollox. Sod 'em.

I say Beaujolais.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 07:35 PM

Well....I finished a cheap bottle of whisky last night, and have a third of a bottle of Glenfidditch.
But today I fancied a bottle of wine so I bought one, now I don't know whether to drink it or pour it down the sink.

No, I'll think about the dangers while sipping a glass or two......or three.
Might finish the bottle even.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Well....I finished a cheap bottle of whisky last night, and have a third of a bottle of Glenfidditch.
But today I fancied a bottle of wine so I bought one, now I don't know whether to drink it or pour it down the sink.

No, I'll think about the dangers while sipping a glass or two......or three.
Might finish the bottle even.
It is nice to share mind - hint hint
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
My Dad was given the same advice when he lost a kidney in his 40's.

He asked the consultant "can I still have a pint?" The consultant answered "Well old man, you've got to keep it flushed" with a huge wink
I wonder if we had the same consultant/surgeon.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
It is nice to share mind - hint hint
Unless you can email wine as an attachment.........it's ALL mine.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top