Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 12:09 PM

People that exaggerate!

We were looking through some old photo albums the other day. We were laughing at one, that was a holiday we took my MIL on. She was the worst exaggerator I have ever known.
It was in the South of France, my twins were only little tots, we were in a Supermarket, there was a display piled high, of glass orange juice bottles. One of my twins knocked into it, and they all came crashing down, smashing to bits on the floor. My MIL got a very small splinter of glass pierce her foot.
Luckily no-one was injured but her, and it was nothing. However, the medics were called, as she was shouting, don't look to my hubby, "It's only my foot that has been severed!".
I can laugh at that now, she has passed away, but at that time, she drove me crazy. That was just one incident, there were many more.

Do you know anyone that exaggerates like that?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 12:11 PM

Re: People that exaggerate!

Yes, My mother, she was a proper Diva. Drove me crazy.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes, My mother, she was a proper Diva. Drove me crazy.
Do you have a story, Roxy?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 12:13 PM

I have no need to exaggerate even if I wished to, as my life has been so unusual compared to that of others, I sometimes understate it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 12:15 PM

Nothing I can share, only give you an example. If you were to be ill, mum would have already had it and ten times worse, it was a wonder she lived through it.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 12:20 PM

I don't exaggerate but i do have a tendency to embellish a story when recounting it
I like it when people laugh at my "asides" and anecdotes. It encourages me to be even giddier.
I sometimes think a tranquilizer dart should be allowed to be administered when I get too carried away!
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 12:22 PM

I also am not inclined to exaggerate but I like to add a bit to make the story comical. It usually works
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-08-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Nothing I can share, only give you an example. If you were to be ill, mum would have already had it and ten times worse, it was a wonder she lived through it.
Sounds like my MIL. She had already had every illness under the sun, I asked her once if she had ever gone down with the galloping gourmet

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I don't exaggerate but I do have a tendency to embellish a story when recounting it
I like it when people laugh at my "asides" and anecdotes. It encourages me to be even giddier.
I sometimes think a tranquillizer dart should be allowed to be administered when I get too carried away!
That is different Rhian, that is fun. Although some grumpy sausage might think different.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 12:25 PM

I sometimes arrogate.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-08-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by melfort ->
I also am not inclined to exaggerate but I like to add a bit to make the story comical. It usually works
Do share a little story, please.
Just for fun.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top