Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 10:53 PM

Girl? Guides and Gender

My Dad was telling me he heard on the news today that boys in future will be allowed to go to girl guides. Surely if that is the case they need to drop the 'girl' and just call it 'guides'

I don't know what all this fascination about gender is of late.
I've heard how a lesbian couple refused to get their child registered at birth as they wanted the child to decide what gender it wanted to be???? What the heck???
I fear children are going to grown up without knowing what or who they are if this ridiculous trend carries on. The world has been around for thousands of years and now all of a sudden they seem to be encouraging gender changing. My dad is almost 85 and he said "I have lived for a long time and I have never seen this world like it is today" he said he has seen rapid changes over the past 10 years and he doesn't know where it is all going to end.

Then I heard about a headmaster banning children from throwing snowballs or even touching the snow because it's cold? Eh? Whats that about, kids LOVE to make and throw snowballs, I've thrown enough in my childhood days LOL.

Your thoughts?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 11:36 PM

Re: Girl? Guides and Gender

They were discussing on Matthew Wright's programme last week, whether 'Snowmen' might be wrong, and should now be called 'Snowpals'?

The world's rapidly going bonkers.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 02:14 AM

There's so many individual topics we could discuss from your post, Lion Queen, and we do our bit to do so on here.
It's all gone too far though. I fear even the words 'man' and 'woman' could be wiped out totally if the blinkered PC brigade get their way. It all stems from headstrong students who like an argument in my book.
We need some old school common sense back in my view.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 07:30 AM

It's all about the Robots, they do not do Gender.........Yet.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My Dad was telling me he heard on the news today that boys in future will be allowed to go to girl guides. Surely if that is the case they need to drop the 'girl' and just call it 'guides'

I've heard how a lesbian couple refused to get their child registered at birth as they wanted the child to decide what gender it wanted to be???? What the heck???
I fear children are going to grown up without knowing what or who they are if this ridiculous trend carries on. The world has been around for thousands of years and now all of a sudden they seem to be encouraging gender changing. My dad is almost 85 and he said "I have lived for a long time and I have never seen this world like it is today" he said he has seen rapid changes over the past 10 years and he doesn't know where it is all going to end.

Then I heard about a headmaster banning children from throwing snowballs or even touching the snow because it's cold? Eh? Whats that about, kids LOVE to make and throw snowballs, I've thrown enough in my childhood days LOL.

Your thoughts?
Some Snowballs were thrown with love and fun, some were thrown with deliberate malice, it is the latter that the "Snowflakes" have some credence with.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 08:26 AM

Since girls have been allowed to join the Scouts and the movement changed it's name from Boy Scouts to Scouts, so perhaps they Girl Guides will do the same?

But, and I may have this wrong, but I think while girls can join the scouts without identifying as male, boys can only join the guides if they identify as female, so Girl Guides would still be appropriate.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 08:38 AM

Of course children should be allowed to play with snow, it's part of all our childhoods.

Maybe not in school time though? I've helped in primary schools and dealing with children sitting in wet, soggy clothes and icy fingers can be a pain.

And snowball fights weren't all good happy fun, they got quite aggressive.....remember snowballs with stones in them and the ambushes...owch!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 09:27 AM

Your thoughts?
I must ask my daughter about this, she is a Guider. Our granddaughter (9) belongs to Brownies and Cubs.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 10:14 AM

My daughter is a Beaver Scout leader and they have admitted girls for quite sometime now.

@Lion Queen, I am shortly to be 80, and I have no problems whatsoever in accepting gender issues. Indeed, a few years ago I thought that my unmarried son might be gay, so I asked him outright. He is not and has since married a lovely woman.

However, one of their best friends is undergoing "transitional" having been married twice with a child. His wife is supporting him through this time. They are still both welcome here with no prejudice.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 10:24 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-gender.html

If that stupid tabloid says it is true, it must be so, NOT!

My daughter who is a senior Guider, hasn't heard of this proposal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top