Join for free
Page 26 of 52 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 06:00 PM

Re: Jerusalem

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
1)East Jerusalem is illegally occupied territory. It's a crime under international law, to make any permanent changes to territory acquired by force.
2)Jerusalem was acquired by force.
3)To declare it as a capital after being acquired by force is a permanent change.
4)Therefore, illegal under international law.
Exactly so they should have left it alone and kept the embassy in Tel Aviv. Why pour oil on a fire that's already out of control? It's not even a good location for a capital. Is there an airport?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 06:02 PM

Well, I don't give a damn what any 'international community' might think.

I'm sure the Israelis don't either.

And the UN are well known for bias and bleating, but not many people take much notice of them either.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Exactly so they should have left it alone and kept the embassy in Tel Aviv. Why pour oil on a fire that's already out of control? It's not even a good location for a capital. Is there an airport?
Ben Gurion International airport.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well, I don't give a damn what any 'international community' might think.

I'm sure the Israelis don't either.

And the UN are well known for bias and bleating, but not many people take much notice of them either.
I thought you liked Russia and Putin? What about China?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-05-2018, 06:07 PM

Ben Gurion International airport.
Ben Gurion is where I flew in and it's not in Jerusalem but by Tel Aviv.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 06:15 PM

Me! Londonistan should no longer be the capital city of the UK because it no longer represents the majority of British people!

I'd nominate York. It was the capital in the days of Emperor Severus anyway.
No it wasn't. York was the capital of Britannia Inferior, Colchester was capital of Brtannia Superior.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
1)East Jerusalem is illegally occupied territory. It's a crime under international law, to make any permanent changes to territory acquired by force.
2)Jerusalem was acquired by force.
3)To declare it as a capital after being acquired by force is a permanent change.
4)Therefore, illegal under international law.
Correct. Though some don't like to hear the truth.
Trumps inspired bit of genius has hardly helped further any peace process.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 06:32 PM

Hi

Unless and until there is an outbreak of commonsense on both sides, the misery and killings will continue.

This is unlikely to happen with Trump fanning the flames.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 06:52 PM

I was always warned against poking any animal with a stick but it looks as though the the Emperor Trump has never learned this lesson.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-05-2018, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Ben Gurion is where I flew in and it's not in Jerusalem but by Tel Aviv.
True. Ben Gurion airport is between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem (about 24 miles from Jerusalem, I think), and is the nearest large international airport to Jerusalem.

It is connected to the middle of Jerusalem by shuttle bus, which takes about an hour.

This is not as bad as you might think. Heathrow is 16 miles from central London, Gatwick is 28 miles away and Luton is 34 miles.

Page 26 of 52 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top