Join for free
Page 28 of 52 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 09:48 PM

Re: Jerusalem

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
In the same way as we are an American aircraft carrier and have been for 60 years or more.
Hi

I agree.

Even our Nuclear Deterrent is not ours.

The only European country with it's own nuclear deterrent is France.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Ben Gurion is the airport for Tel Aviv that's why its initials are TLV. There is no international airport in Jerusalem.
Perhaps I didn't explain fully.

Ben Gurion airport is the nearest international airport to Jerusalem. What they call it is irrelevant.

Going by your logic, Gatwick airport should not be referred to as 'London Gatwick', and perhaps should not have the code name as LGW.

To be honest this nit-picking is rather surprising, having arisen from these two posts:

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
1)East Jerusalem is illegally occupied territory. It's a crime under international law, to make any permanent changes to territory acquired by force.
2)Jerusalem was acquired by force.
3)To declare it as a capital after being acquired by force is a permanent change.
4)Therefore, illegal under international law.
Exactly so they should have left it alone and kept the embassy in Tel Aviv. Why pour oil on a fire that's already out of control? It's not even a good location for a capital. Is there an airport?
To clarify, yes, there is an airport and, as I pointed out, it is a little over 20 miles from Jerusalem.

Please stop splitting hairs.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 10:32 PM

There is no Jerusalem Airport JBR. Stop flogging a dead horse. TLV is Ben Gurion which is the airport for Tel Aviv. LGW isn't the airport for Brighton after all. LGW is near Southern suburbs of London and has excellent transport links. Ben Gurion is not in Jerusalem and does not have transport links to Jerusalem.

I would love to hear your views on the Russia backing of East Jerusalem as a capital for a future Palestinian state. You seem to have been struck silent on that point.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps I didn't explain fully.

Ben Gurion airport is the nearest international airport to Jerusalem. What they call it is irrelevant.

Going by your logic, Gatwick airport should not be referred to as 'London Gatwick', and perhaps should not have the code name as LGW.

To be honest this nit-picking is rather surprising, having arisen from these two posts:

To clarify, yes, there is an airport and, as I pointed out, it is a little over 20 miles from Jerusalem.

Please stop splitting hairs.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 10:46 PM

There is no Jerusalem Airport JBR. Stop flogging a dead horse. TLV is Ben Gurion which is the airport for Tel Aviv. LGW isn't the airport for Brighton after all. LGW is near Southern suburbs of London and has excellent transport links. Ben Gurion is not in Jerusalem and does not have transport links to Jerusalem.

I would love to hear your views on the Russia backing of East Jerusalem as a capital for a future Palestinian state. You seem to have been struck silent on that point.
Go on then, I'll play your silly game, but only because I've nothing better to do just at the moment.

Ben Gurion airport isn't in Jerusalem, it is 34.3 miles away.

Ben Gurion airport isn't in Tel Aviv either, it is 16.3 miles away.

As it is nearer to Tel Aviv, it acquired the initials TLV.

As Luton airport is nearer to Luton than London, it was given the initials LTN.

If you read back, you will see that I explained that Ben Gurion airport does have good transport links to Jerusalem.

I have no particular views on Russia backing East Jerusalem as a capital for a future Palestinian state, primarily because a future Palestinian state is a pipe dream. Sorry to disappoint you!

Now, having said all that, I DO have some other things to do. Certainly more important that conducting a pointless game of one-upmanship.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-05-2018, 10:48 PM

Is that the best you can come up with?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 10:48 PM

Is that the best you can come up with?
You want more ???
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-05-2018, 10:50 PM

You want more ???
Not particularly.

I'd rather conduct a productive discussion, not that I'm going to get one with you two.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

21-05-2018, 11:00 PM

Not particularly.

I'd rather conduct a productive discussion, not that I'm going to get one with you two.
You go first then ........
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 11:02 PM

You seem more interested in defending your airport gaffe than in giving your views on the more serious question : "I would love to hear your views on the Russia backing of East Jerusalem as a capital for a future Palestinian state. You seem to have been struck silent on that point."

Page 28 of 52 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top