Join for free
Page 29 of 52 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 11:07 PM

Re: Jerusalem

I dare say there is likely to be a lot more to discuss in the near future in that area. Various things going on which don't seem to be given air time , at least in this part of the world they aren't .
I hope the £490 million worth of arms exports from UK to Israel, comes in handy.

What opinions do you have on Mark Regev , JBR ? Just out of interest .

Sorry Annie, didn't mean to jump the queue .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I would love to hear your views on the Russia backing of East Jerusalem as a capital for a future Palestinian state. You seem to have been struck silent on that point.
Originally Posted by JBR ->
Go on then, I'll play your silly game, but only because I've nothing better to do just at the moment.

I have no particular views on Russia backing East Jerusalem as a capital for a future Palestinian state, primarily because a future Palestinian state is a pipe dream. Sorry to disappoint you!
Did I read that right?
I don't know whether to crack up with laughter or shake my head in sad resignation.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 11:19 PM

would you be refering to this??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ees-Hamas.html
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Did I read that right?
I don't know whether to crack up with laughter or shake my head in sad resignation.
Thank you for finding that in the airport trivia. I totally missed it but then it doesn't answer the question.
AnnonyMoose2
New Member!
US of A
AnnonyMoose2 is female 

21-05-2018, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
would you be refering to this??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ees-Hamas.html
Good piece. I often wonder why people tend to ignore the role of Hamas in all of this, even Hamas admits the majority of people killed where their people.

I also wonder why (the west) continues to give billions of dollars to Hamas which spends the majority of it on arms and building tunnels with which to destroy Israel and kill Jews.

from the article:
"agree with Hamas’ leader, Yahya Sinwar, when he says that the purpose of the ongoing violence is to breach the frontier and indiscriminately murder Israelis living in communities nearby. Mr Sinwar proclaimed, ‘We will tear down the border’ and ‘tear out their hearts’
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2018, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by AnnonyMoose2 ->
I also wonder why (the west) continues to give billions of dollars to Hamas which spends the majority of it on arms and building tunnels with which to destroy Israel and kill Jews.
It's not exclusive to Hamas .... the US recently signed a deal to give Israel 38 billion military aid , roughly 10 million dollars a day.
I guess there's no guarantee like a pre-nup on quite how either side spend it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 12:03 AM

Good piece. I often wonder why people tend to ignore the role of Hamas in all of this, even Hamas admits the majority of people killed where their people.

from the article:
"agree with Hamas’ leader, Yahya Sinwar, when he says that the purpose of the ongoing violence is to breach the frontier and indiscriminately murder Israelis living in communities nearby. Mr Sinwar proclaimed, ‘We will tear down the border’ and ‘tear out their hearts’
Well said.

I can only assume that those people who hate the Israelis and love Hamas have a worrying political bias.

All the evidence, including what has been posted on this thread, points to Hamas being the villain of the piece. I have yet to see any clear evidence to prove otherwise anyway.

And someone trying to argue that Jerusalem doesn't have an international airport is a pathetic attempt to derail the discussion!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

22-05-2018, 12:06 AM

So why do you think .... a future Palestinian state is a pipe dream.

This is a good article which addresses it.
http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns...tate-339490166

How many Israeli settlers – or settlement houses – until a two-state solution is impossible?
Speaking in Parliament recently, UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson urged a halt to "the illegal settlements"; every time Israeli authorities "build new units", he said, they "move us further from a two-state solution", even if “they are not yet making it impossible to deliver the new map".

So, the question remains: how many is too many? The current settler population is at least 620,000, including occupied East Jerusalem. But 35 years ago, a 'mere'100,000 was seen as "so large a number that no Israeli government thereafter could agree to withdraw from the territory".

It's time to stop counting settlers – Israel simply doesn’t want a genuine Palestinian state.
In 2015, running for re-election, the Likud leader (Netanyahu) vowed that there would be no Palestinian state on his watch.

That sounds pretty determined to me.
And it's nothing do with supporting one side or the other .. it's the serious matter of the chances of peace between Palestinians and Jews diminishing over the horizon.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well, I don't give a damn what any 'international community' might think.

I'm sure the Israelis don't either.

And the UN are well known for bias and bleating, but not many people take much notice of them either.
Indeed a corrupt rganisation that concentrates on Israel a whilst ignoring other issues in the world .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 12:21 AM

Just chiming in here my two cents and all. Obama and Clinton were two of the previous Presidents who agreed Jerusalem should be the capital but never had the gumption to act on it, Trump just put it into practice.

I do wonder what other countries would do if thousands of rioters stormed their borders because there is nothing to indicate that they would be peaceful, it is obvious that if Israel allowed them in many Israelis would be killed. I believe the Arabs are lucky that Israel does not have the same policies as Hamas such as wanting people to killed martyrs, even children.

Well said .

Page 29 of 52 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top