Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 12:05 AM

Re: Pork

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am surprised at this thread because cancers in pigs are quite rare the reason being that most pigs bred for food don't live long enough to develop cancers.

Good point Muddy.
I don't know the current situation, but as I remember, 'Porkers' were slaughtered about 16 weeks old, but 'Baconers' took a wee bit longer.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 12:13 AM

Re: Pork

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Only occasional bite if there's a bit of shepherds pie left, they have tinned butchers brand for their main meal. I'm just not throwing food away if they'll goggle it up.

Julie, I had never heard of feeding quorn, so googled it to see if it is safe. Now I don't want to worry you, but do you read the label as apparently a lot of quorn products contain onion which isn't good for dogs at all.

Have a look at this write up when you get a mo.
I don't know anything about the website, so don't know how reliable it is, but might be as well to be careful with the quorn until you check it out, especially for Betty as she is so tiny.

http://whatcandogseat.com/Search/Sea...uorn-Products-

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top