Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2015, 10:16 PM

Re: Radio controlled boats, planes, and cars.

That is very interesting Emjay. We will have to talk more, most like over the weekend. Interested to know all about that flying drainpipe and how easy/hard they are to fly.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 08:33 AM

DOF. Before you get involved, do some research into the subject.
You could end up spending much more than you need.
Some of these 'quads' quadcoptors, drones, call them what you will, can cost much more than you need to spend.
The electronic technology is amazing. If when flying you get into problems, at a flick of a switch, the thing will RTH (return to home) and land itself inches from where it originally took off.
http://www.rcgroups.com/multirotor-talk-659/
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 08:53 AM

Something to start with. I have one similar.
http://www.banggood.com/Cheerson-CX2...-p-932145.html
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 09:14 AM

It's a long time since I did any aeromodelling. It was rather more regulated in Hampshire than it is in rural Scotland.
I was brought up in the time of balsa wood, valve equipment (Hill mk 2 receiver) and crude proportional control such as the 'Galloping ghost' system.

Most of my planes were 'free flight' or control line 'stunt' planes. People of my vintage will remember 'Frog', 'Mills' and A.M. engines.

Happy days.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

12-09-2015, 10:03 AM

Yes it was happy days. Cutting out the ribs for the wings, the smell of the balsa cement and dope.
My first RC was McGregor. Single channel with elastic wind up escapment. 1 click for left and 2 clicks for right.
Later I had proportional reed stuff.
Look at the modern stuff, time moves on.
I still have an original Mills 75.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2015, 10:35 AM

Hi Emjay
Will read your links at leisure later in the day, talk later.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

13-09-2015, 10:20 AM

Still looking at your links Emjay and trying to resist the temptation of spending yet more money.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2015, 07:22 PM

I haven’t a clue about them but I found this one in the garden last June, it’s foam and very small and the tail wing is broken. I’m holding onto it in case somebody knocks looking for it.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

14-09-2015, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

I haven’t a clue about them but I found this one in the garden last June, it’s foam and very small and the tail wing is broken. I’m holding onto it in case somebody knocks looking for it.
Who ever lost it would live near to you. It would have been quite cheap, and the range is not great.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2015, 08:07 PM

Thanks Emjay, I'll ask the wife to check with the neighbours, plenty of kids around here during there Summer holidays, I'm glad to hear it's not an expensive one.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top