Join for free
Page 11 of 52 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 11:25 AM

Re: Over 50s Club Wales Part 2

Just had a spit and spot of rain but sum out now. We are going to attempt a *journey* tomorrow. Michael wants to visit his Mum's grave in Canford, Bristol, so we are going to attempt the journey. It's going to be dodgy but you have to try. Fingers crossed! We have to do it before our care company finishes on Sunday, while we have a carer we know.

Funny about your non cold Sue. I have the same. Sneezing coughing but not a proper cold. I am sure it's the dry September weather.
rowser
United Kingdom Carmarthenshire
rowser is female  rowser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 11:49 AM

Good luck for tomorrow Celyn and Michael, hope all goes well, I'm sure it will

Change of plans for me, supposed to spend the day with my Hirwaun friends but a last minute hospital appointment (for them ) put an end to that. Day at home instead.

Still have had a chance to catch up on the telephone and meeting Jac and ?? Jeannie at Langland on Friday, so a good planning morning
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 12:44 PM

Wet car park early on so must have rained but sun is quite fierce now and I've had to come in to cool off.
Good luck with the journey Celyn and glad you are feeling better Sue xx
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 05:34 PM

Daughter took Michael's vehicle to the garage today to check tyres before journey. The chap did it, and checked the oil and water, and she just said it is a pity it's too big to go through the car wash. He said it will, definately. We have had bigger vehicles than that through. She rang me to see if it was OK, as the chap said he would take it through for her. I said if he's sure it will go through.

Well it was too big!! It's the new vehicle and only been driven about a dozen times!! Now we have to sort out getting it repaired. Both wing mirrors , with idicator lights in them, smashed. Aerial munched, and dent in roof. They have accepted laibility and been very apologetic. Garage coming Friday to assess.

So that's my day!!
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2014, 10:33 PM

Oh for F's sake Celyn, whatever next?! So devastated to hear about the vehicle. That's my biggest dread, that something goes wrong with Rob's truck. I always keep enough fuel in it to get to Hereford, 'cos I feel if the worst comes to the worst I can bung him in that to get him to A&E. (The ambulance response times in this part of the world are diabolical.) Does this mean you won't be able to go on your expedition?
Celyn
Hampshire

25-09-2014, 12:07 AM

Everything functioning for our expedition. Just a lot of bruises on the vehicle to be sorted. They are coming on Friday to assess. Ambulance service disbolical here too. Last time I called them my daughter got here quicker with a 30 min. drive , and had to get out of bed and dress first!

They will get all the parts so it will be in dock for the minimum length of time.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 07:28 AM

morning folks,
hope l is ok in your parts of the country,
you all have a great day
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 11:53 AM

OMG Celyn , your life is certainly eventful !!
Overcast and cooler here so might try and catch up with TV recordings , I feel guilty watching RV when sun is out
Have a good day xxx
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 08:26 AM

Glad to hear you can still use the vehicle Celyn, good luck for your journey.

Just downed a bowl of cereal and now off to throw a few things in a bag. Off to the All Wales Ploughing Match in Pembroke shortly. Blessing of the Plough Service tonight (and social evening afterwards), then the Match tomorrow. And no, I shall not be ploughing, only doing results and writing out the prize cards. Have a good weekend all of you, back Sunday........
Jac
Wales UK

26-09-2014, 03:14 PM

Just spent a nice couple of hours in Langland with Rowser. Fab menu but very expensive so we asked for fish and chips off the kiddies menu and that was more than enough lol
Lovely sunshine . Have a good one Sue xxx

Page 11 of 52 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top